The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Fire Protection Engineer in the Department of Community Development and Services. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.NOTE: This position offers a four (4) day work week and retirement benefits under the Public Employees' Retirement System of Nevada.
Under general supervision, plans, and performs engineering assessments, calculations and research. Reviews complex construction documents for compliance with fire and specified building code provisions, Federal and State regulations, and local codes; and performs related duties as assigned.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description and physical requirements. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATIONDOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:1)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in Fire Protection Engineering or a closely related field
- Three (3) years of experience as a fire plans examiner or fire protection engineer. Experience must include design or plan review of complex fire alarm, sprinkler and smoke control systems, and hazardous materials
- Most possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license as defined by NRS 483
- Certification as a Building Plans Examiner from the International Code Council (ICC) within one (1) year of appointment
- Certification as a Fire Plans Examiner from the ICC within one (1) year of appointment
- Certification as a Fire Inspector II from the ICC within one (1) year of appointment
- Must possess certification as an Engineer in Training having passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Examination
- Registration as a Nevada licensed Fire Protection Engineer or the ability to obtain registration in Nevada through examination or reciprocity within one (1) year of appointment
- All required licenses and certificates, as mandated by local, state, and federal laws, or as required herein, must be obtained and maintained at the incumbent's expense
- Desirable: Experience supervising, training, and evaluating the work of fire plans examiners in a government setting
Completed Employment Application2)
Completed Supplemental QuestionnaireASSESSMENT DATES:
Structured Selection Interview (Weighted 100%) - Thursday, August 1, 2019
(Best Qualified Applicants)IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson on-line application system. Please check your e-mail on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada or available via SKYPE to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above. SELECTION PROCESS
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation prior to the closing date of this recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous