Introduction Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as this announcement will remain open until the position is filled. The Department
SFO is a world-class, award-winning airport that serves nearly 58 million passengers annually. SFO offers nonstop flights to 51 international cities on 43 international carriers. The Bay Area's largest airport also connects nonstop with 86 U.S. cities on 12 domestic airlines.
SFO's mission is to provide an exceptional airport in service to our communities, and its core values are safety and security, teamwork, excellence, and care. The airport is committed to redefining air travel by providing the highest level of service to our guests.
The Airport, an enterprise department of the City & County of San Francisco, has a workforce of approximately 1,700 City employees and strives to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive employer
. For more information, visit www.flysfo.com
and watch this video about careers at SFO
Temporary Exempt (TEX), this position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer. Position Description
Temporary As-Needed employees do not have preset schedules. Assignments may range from a week to few months and will typically be Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. On occasion, there may be special assignments in the evenings.
Under general supervision, the As Needed Senior Clerk performs difficult, responsible and specialized clerical work, such as: scheduling and calendaring meetings and making travel arrangements; proof-reading, checking and reviewing a variety of documents for completeness and accuracy; making regular contacts with the public and other departmental personnel, providing information and answering inquiries; gathering, preparing and maintaining a wide variety of records, reports and documents relative to office operations.
The essential functions of this position include:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Operates office equipment, including calculators, photocopiers, scanners, and fax machines.
- Receives a variety of telephone calls and walk-ins and routes such calls and individuals to proper places.
- Processes mail: opens, time stamps, sorts and distributes the incoming mail; stuffs and seals envelopes; makes daily pickup and delivery to ensure timely mailing and receipt of mail.
- Compiles information and data necessary for the preparation of various departmental reports in which judgment may be exercised in the selection of data and materials.
- Performs related duties as required
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS :
- Two (2) years (equivalent to 4000 hours) of verifiable clerical experience including preparing and maintaining a variety of records and/or documents, filing, use of office equipment, public contact andprocessing of incoming and outgoing mail; OR
- Eighteen (18) months (equivalent to 3000 hours) of verifiable clerical experience as described in #1 andcompletion of a clerical training program (240 hours); OR
- Eighteen (18) months (equivalent to 3000 hours) of verifiable clerical experience as described in #1 and 15semester units (or equivalent quarter units) of coursework from an accredited college or university.
How To Apply
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Takes initiative, detail oriented and well organized.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with discernment and good judgment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both as a team member and independently.
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only
accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf
to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select "Apply" and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either "I am a New User" if you have not previously registered, or "I have Registered Previously"
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Maria Rincon, by telephone at (650)821-2017, or by email at email@example.com
The selection process will include evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate the qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interviewDisaster Service Workers
All City and County of San Francisco employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law (California Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with the City requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency. ConclusionGeneral Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20
or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.Requests:
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation
at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#applicantswithdisabilitiesTransportation Security Administration (TSA) Security Clearance:
Candidates for employment with the San Francisco Airport Commission are required to undergo a criminal history check, including FBI fingerprints, and Security Threat Assessment in order to determine eligibility for security clearance and may be required to undergo drug/alcohol screening. Per Civil Service Commission Rule Section 110.9.1, every applicant for an examination must possess and maintain the qualifications required by law and by the examination announcement for the examination. Failure to obtain and maintain security clearance may be basis for termination from employment with the Airport Commission. More information can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#transportationsecurity Recruitment ID Number:
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.For more information about benefits, please click here.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous