2005 Hilltop Circle Roseville, 95747 Description FINAL FILING DATE:
Open Until Filled. First cut-off is October 14, 2019.IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.THE POSITION
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the Regular and Full-time position of Industrial Waste Specialist in the Environmental Utilities Department. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 -5 pm; a flex schedule may be available.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere.DEFINITION
To perform technical duties that support and ensure compliance with the City's Industrial Waste Pretreatment Program compliance with local, State, and Federal requirements; to issue and renew industrial discharge permits; and to perform related work as required.SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from the Environmental Utilities Compliance Administrator.
Exercises technical and functional supervision over other technical staff, as appropriate.EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of:
- Interpret and enforce pretreatment regulations; inspect industrial facilities to ensure compliance with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB), and City pretreatment regulations.
- Issue and renew industrial discharge permits for new and existing industries; maintain complete and accurate industrial user performance/compliance records.
- Enter laboratory data into a computer system for further analysis and reporting purposes; maintain laboratory records, chain of custodies and prepare required reports; prepare and upload EDD files from contract labs to the HDR; update and institute necessary changes to the HDR IW database.
- Maintain and enforce the City's Fats, Oil and Grease Program; issue and renew Food Service Establishment (FSE) permits.
- Collect wastewater from industrial facilities, potable water, swimming pool and surface water samples for chemical, bacteriological and biological analysis to ensure compliance with local, State, and Federal regulations.
- Set up, calibrate, and operate a variety of field instruments such as pH, conductivity, dissolved oxygen meters and portable composite/discrete samplers.
- Respond to inquiries from the public about water and wastewater issues.
- Maintain professional relationships with industrial users; respond to their inquiries and serve as a technical resource; interpret regulations and advise industrial users on actions to ensure compliance.
- Prepare detailed written and oral reports of inspections and prepare related correspondence; prepare required quarterly and annual Industrial Pretreatment reports; monitor submission of compliance reports from categorical industries and other permitted users.
- Communicate and coordinate with regional partners to ensure consistent interpretation of pretreatment regulations.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Wastewater treatment processes used in monitoring the effectiveness of such processes.
- Operation and maintenance of equipment used for the control of industrial waste; laws and ordinances governing the treatment, control and discharge of industrial waste.
- Principles and practices of biology, chemistry and bacteriology, including methods and techniques of laboratory testing and analysis.
- Pertinent local, State and Federal ordinances, laws, and regulations.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING Experience:
- Perform technical duties in the collection and testing of wastewater, drinking water, sludge, industrial waste, surface water, and other related sample sources; check pretreatment facility plans.
- On a continuous basis, know and understand operations, and observe safety rules; analyze problem equipment and/or procedures; know and apply techniques and terminology; communicate and explain test results to others.
- Intermittently, sit while studying or preparing reports; bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist when performing various field site sampling duties; perform simple and power grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation; use telephone, computer or communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 75 pounds or less.
- Use a personal computer and various programs to enter, maintain, and analyze data, and to prepare reports and correspondence.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Three years of increasingly responsible experience in the collection and analysis of industrial and other wastewater/water samples.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with major course work in chemistry, bacteriology, biology or a related field.License or Certificate:
- Possession of a valid California driver's license by date of appointment.
- Possession of a California Water Environment Association Grade 2 Environmental Compliance Inspector Certificate within one year of appointment
1. Your responses to questions 2-7, the applicant's education, training and experience, will be scored using a pre-determined formula. Your responses to these questions must be consistent with your employment application information. This experience must also be described in the "Work Experience" section of this application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire that are inconsistent from your "Work Experience" section in the application will not be scored. I understand and agree with the above instructions.
2. Was any of the work experience listed on your application an unpaid internship, or volunteer work? If so, please list below which ones.
3. How many years of experience do you have in developing, administering or enforcing Fats, Oils, and Grease programs?
- Less than 1 year
- 1-2 Years
- 2-3 Years
- 3-4 Years
- 4+ Years
4. Please describe any experience with permitting, inspection and enforcement involving Food Service Establishments
5. Please describe any experience with Computerized Maintenance and Management Systems, related to scheduling, documenting and tracking of work orders or permits.
6. Please describe any experience reviewing or interpreting blue prints or as- built drawings related to underground plumbing.
7. Please list your completed education from an accredited college or university. List the degree, major and institution.SELECTION PROCESS
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will have their application scored in a Formula Rate Examination. The applicant's experience and education will be evaluated using a pre-determined formula. Scores from this evaluation will determine applicant ranking and placement on the Employment List. Supplemental questions will be utilized by the department hiring authority to make interview and selection determinations. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment medical exam and a drug and alcohol screening test.
THE CITY OF ROSEVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE A SCHEDULED INTERVIEW/EXAMINATION PROCESS. MEDICAL DISABILITY VERIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ACCOMMODATION. Benefits
For more information regarding the City's benefits, visit our website at here
. This position is in Local 39. Special Instructions
The following options apply to the evaluation of college degrees from countries outside the United States:
- Educational background from a foreign country may be evaluated by an accredited United States college or university listed on the U.S. Department of Education Database of Accredited Post-Secondary Institutions and Programs website.
- Verification of degree equivalency may be obtained from organizations that provide foreign education credential evaluation services. The City of Roseville will accept verification from any of listed member agencies found at www.naces.org
- A copy of the foreign credential evaluation verification must be attached to the employment application.
- Applicants who do not provide this verification will be eliminated from further consideration.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org