DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICESFILING DATES:
Until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without prior noticeEXAM NUMBER:
Y5458BTYPE OF RECRUITMENT
Open Competitive Job Opportunity COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
To apply, click on Apply below: Required Documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Career Goals
- Legible copy of Certification by an American Specialty Board
- Legible copy of California State Physician and Surgeon's Certificate authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California
of your information, it is necessary to ensure that all information is complete and includes all required documents as directed on the job posting in order for your information to be reviewed and processed in a timely manner.
If you have any questions, you may contact Shirley Bermudez, Exam Analyst at (323) 914-9089.DEFINITION:
Incumbents in these positions are licensed physicians that direct the programs and activities of a large medical organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Formulates or assists in the formulation of overall policies, and in the planning and direction of programs and activities of a medical organization.
- Has responsibility for or assists in the administrative aspects of the organization's activities, such as budget preparation and control, personnel functions, procurement of equipment and supplies, and coordinating the work with that of medical or other organizational units.
- Assigns, trains, and evaluates medical and related personnel.
- Directs or assists in directing the training of interns, resident physicians and medical and technical students in the work of the organization.
- Directs the establishment, improvement, or revision of the medical work or procedure of the organization in order to improve the level of care and service or the utilization of personnel.
- Plans, directs and supervises medical research and the presentation and review of findings.
- Reviews the care prescribed by staff physicians, resident physicians, interns, and reviews other work performed for the organization.
- Confers with consultants regarding care of patients and medical and diagnostic work performed, and coordinates the work of consulting physicians with the work of the organization.
- Confers with other County institutions, public and private agencies, and medical schools.
- Assures the Quality Improvement Program is effective in identifying, resolving, and documenting patient care problems.
- Responsible for compliance with Joint Commission standards, State, Federal, HMO, local requirements, and provides training on Joint Commission standards to the entire facility.
- Implements and supports Clinic Redesign in all clinical areas.
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Certification by an American Specialty Board in one or more designated specialties,* or equivalent certification** -AND-
Two years of medical administrative*** experience. LICENSE:
California State Physician and Surgeon's Certificate authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California.
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions. PHYSICAL CLASS II:Light:
Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION:
*Certification may be designated in one or more of the following specialties:
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Practice
- Internal Medicine-General/Endocrinology
- Internal Medicine-Cardiology (Invasive)
- Internal Medicine-Cardiology (Non-Invasive)
- Internal Medicine-Critical Care
- Internal Medicine-Gastro (Invasive)
- Internal Medicine-Gastro (Non-Invasive)
- Internal Medicine-Hematology/Oncology
- Internal Medicine-Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine-Nephrology
- Internal Medicine-Pulmonary (Invasive)
- Internal Medicine-Pulmonary (Non-Invasive)
- Internal Medicine-Rheumatology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology-General
- Obstetrics and Gynecology-Gynecologic Oncology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology-Maternal/Fetal Medicine
- Pediatrics-Neonatal/Critical Care
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Preventive Medicine
- Radiology-Vasc//Int Diagnostic
- Surgery-Cardio Thoracic
Equivalent certification is defined as that certification which the appropriate American Certifying Board formally recognizes in writing as being equivalent.
***Medical administrative in the County of Los Angeles is defined as: planning, organizing, developing, staffing and controlling of a health facility, clinic, ward, or program.The Statement of Career Goal is a narrative that serves as an effective way of assessing current career achievements and the means one should take for accomplishing such career objectives. The career statement is a short and crisp essay that clearly presents the career vision of a professional for making an effective career plan.
include a legible photocopy of their specialty certification approved by the American Specialty Board and Physician and Surgeon's Certificate issued by the state in which they currently practice and/or reside to the application at the time of filing on line.The required license and/or certificates must be current and unrestricted ; conditional, provisional, probationary license and/or certificates will not be accepted. WITHHOLD INFORMATION:
Applicants who do not possess a California State Physician and Surgeon's Certificate at the time of filing may compete in this examination; however, the names of such candidates will be withheld from the certification for employment until the required certificate is presented.
Applicants must have a valid and unrestricted license to practice as a physician and surgeon as issued by the state in which they currently practice and/or reside. At the time of appointment, the successful candidate must have a California State Physician and Surgeon's Certification authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT:
This examination will consist of a review and appraisal of qualifications based upon information from Curriculum Vitae, Statement of Career Goals and Achievements, weighted 100%. This examination will assess Experience, Practice Based Learning, System Based Practice and Leadership and Management Skills.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
Applications will be processed on an "as-received"
basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.Only the most qualified candidates will be selected and placed on the Eligible Register.
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade on the examination will be added to the Eligible Register without indication of relative standing in the examination. Successful candidates will remain on the register for a period of 12 months following the date of eligibility.No person may compete in this examination more than once every 12 months.VACANCY INFORMATION:
The resulting eligible register from this examination will be used to fill vacancies throughout the Department of Health Services.SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. AVAILABLE SHIFT:
AnyAPPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION:APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Apply online by clicking on the "Apply" tab for this posting. You can also track the status of your application using the website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment.
from the Class Specification and Minimum Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT
be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION
and you may be DISQUALIFIED
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met. Application filing may be suspended at any time with or without advance notice.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the requirements. Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed and salary earned. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last day of filing will not be accepted.NOTE:
If you are unable to attach required documents, you may e-mail the documents to the exam analyst within 15 calendar days of filing online
. Please include the exam number and the exam title.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
All applications must enter a valid social security number at the time of filing. Entering anything other than a valid social security number (i.e. 000-00-0000, 111-11-1111. etc.) will result in an automatic rejection of your application.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their applications online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record. DEPARTMENT CONTACT:
Shirley Bermudez, Exam Analyst
(323) 914-9089SBermudez@dhs.lacounty.govADA COORDINATOR PHONE:
(323) 869-7124CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE: