OPEN UNTIL FILLED, FIRST REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS IS ON 10/21/19
Located between San Francisco and San Jose, Palo Alto is the center of a progressive economy that is recognized worldwide as a leader in cutting-edge technological, medical and green innovation. Our community is committed to cultivating an environment of creativity and life-long learning. At the City of Palo Alto, you will join a culture that strives for excellence and encourages leadership, new ideas, and innovative solutions.Exciting Opportunity!
As a Contract Administrator, you have a challenging opportunity as a critical thinker to be an expert in procurement processes, establish yourself as a "go to" resource and provide recommendations which drive key business timelines and activities. This role is a leader in the Procurement team which is responsible for procurement and contracting for all goods and services utilized by the City working under general direction, as consistently exercising independent and sound problem-solving and judgment skills. You will be responsible for coordinating and issuing high-value, specialized or complex solicitations and agreements, requiring an in-depth procurement experience. Reporting to the Chief Procurement Officer, this position performs at the expert, professional level requiring individual work in research, solicitation, and preparation of contract and may supervise professional or administrative staff.Ideal Candidate:
Click here to learn more about Purchasing & Contract Administration Based on the candidate pool and qualifications of those interested, the City would consider filling this position at the Senior Buyer level within the same procurement team. The job description for the Senior Buyer classification can be found here .Essential Duties
- Team player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, curiosity, and humility.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills to deal effectively with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority.
- Adaptable and resourceful in a dynamic environment.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including the ability to identify and correct errors in English usage, grammar, and arithmetic calculations.
- Master multi-tasker: ability to work effectively under pressure, multi-task, and organize work flow to deliver high-quality products within established deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter: can take even the smallest project and run with it to the successful completion.
Essential duties of the Contract Administrator include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Manage the formalized solicitation process from submittal of requirements, interfacing with Project Managers to develop scope and specifications, analysis of solicitations received, providing management with recommendation for award of contract(s), and review and approval of awarding contracts.
- Interpret the City's purchasing policy, rules and regulations that govern contracting activities for City Departments and advise Departments and/or Chief Procurement Officer of such requirements when needed.
- Recommend and implement new or revised procurement process and procedures, considering new tools or software as they develop.
- Interface with contractors and Departments on matters regarding the solicitation, contract award process, contract disputes and monitoring.
- Continually develop and assist in the training of the organization on procurement policies, procedures and expertise.
To see the full job description click here. Minimum Qualifications
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge and skills, which would typically be acquired through:
Candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and four years of related responsible experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) and/or andCertified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO)candidates are highly desired.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous