311 Vernon Street Roseville, 95678 Description SALARY:
$45.00 per gameFINAL FILING DATE:
We are accepting applications on a continuous basis. PERS retired annuitants are not eligible to apply.IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION
. THE POSITION
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary and part-time position of Soccer Official in the Parks, Recreation & Libraries Department.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere. THE CITY
The City of Roseville (COR) incorporates the following CORe Competencies as part of the City's culture:
- Focus on people: Develop and deliver service-oriented solutions that meet or exceed expectations.
- Build trust: Ensure honesty and integrity to gain confidence and support of others.
- Ensure accountability: Take responsibility for the outcomes of one's own work and foster a sense of ownership in others.
- Communicate effectively: Deliver clear, concise messages and actively listen to ideas and questions.
- Collaborate inclusively: Build effective working partnerships, alliances, and teams.
- Make quality decisions: Make sound, timely decisions and recommendations.
- Be adaptable/agile: Change approach or methods to best fit the situation and effectively balance competing priorities.
The City of Roseville Parks, Recreation & Libraries Department incorporates our culture into our everyday interactions with our co-workers and our community.
- Take Pride - We're proud of the services that we provide to our residents.
- Be Creative - We encourage an environment that allows for passion and innovation.
- Always Improving - We embrace change by fostering opportunities to learn, adapt and grow.
- Work As a Team -Teamwork makes us stronger, more efficient and adds value to our department.
- Make it Fun - We celebrate our co-workers, achievements and successes.
To perform a variety of duties related to officiating soccer games or tournaments. EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of:
- Officiate games or tournaments; enforce appropriate official rules and regulations of games in an efficient manner.
- Maintain discipline, fair play courtesy, self-control and congenial relations among coaches, player and spectators.
- Ensure that game courts, fields and equipment are in proper and safe playing condition; make pre-game check of possible physical hazards.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Assist, educate and train players and coaches.
- Promote and enforce safety procedures; render first aid and CPR, if certified, as required.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Current soccer official rules.
- Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
- Principles and techniques of first aid and CPR.
- Report writing techniques.
Experience and Training Experience:
- On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the game; observe game in progress; run, walk, stand, twist, and reach while officiating; throw the ball to game participants; blow whistle at appropriate times; observe good safety practices.
- Intermittently, lift, carry or move soccer equipment of 20 pounds or less.
- Respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner; administer first aid and CPR, if certified.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Interpret policies and procedures.
- Communicate tactfully with customers.
- Playing and/or officiating adult soccer games and/or tournaments.
License or Certificate
- Ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
Necessary Special Requirement
- Possession of CPR and First Aid certificates within six (6) months of hire.
- Possession of USSF Level 8 certificate by date of application.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Please describe your experience with officiating U16 and/or older league/tournament play.
- Do you possess a USSF Level 8 Certificate?
- Are you a current CalPERS member? A current CalPERS member is someone who has funds on deposit with CalPERS.
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications. Qualifying applicants may be contacted by the Department to interview. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid pre-employment medical exam, a drug and alcohol screening test, and a fingerprint check.
Job Announcement URL: https://www.roseville.ca.us/jobsRecruitment Contact
Contact email: email@example.com