JobCode Compliance Officer Temporary (Part-Time)Salary: $33.99 to $43.38 Hourly POSITION:
The Town of Los Gatos is seeking a part-time Code Compliance Officer as part of the Town's Code Compliance team in the Community Development Department. Under direction, the Code Compliance Officer performs a variety of duties and assignments including patrol, which is principally the performance of a variety of routine, nonhazardous municipal law enforcement duties for which sworn personnel are not required, work shifts as assigned on a part-time basis approximately (24) hours per week.
This position may be scheduled to work weekends to monitor late night activity with periodic hours during the business day to coordinate with other Town staff and complete other office duties. This position reports to and is supervised by the Town's Building Official. The successful candidate will receive appropriate training in the collection of information, the use of noise meters and other equipment, enforcement tactics and strategies, and other matters consistent with the Town's high degree of respect and courtesy to all parties. IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The Code Compliance Officer must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with the public and exercise sound judgment, tact, and integrity. The Code Compliance Officer must possess a calm demeanor and remain alert and coherent while under routine or stressful situations. The successful candidate must understand how to respond appropriately to changing field situations and work well with staff from Police, Community Development, and other Departments. EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING :
- Patrols the Town on assigned shifts for the purpose of enforcing and preventing violations of applicable codes and ordinances and reporting unsafe conditions and other related conditions.
- Focuses on public disturbance, parking complaints, or other nuisance behaviors.
- Documents field observations and actions accurately.
- Implements Town procedures in collecting information, responding to the public's inquiries or complaints, and reporting of fieldwork.
- Meets with businesses to understand late night offerings and to assess compliance with Town permits.
- Prepares necessary reports using computer databases, word processing, or other tools.
- Appears in court to present evidence and testimony as required.
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade
- Valid California Driver's License
: A DMV driving record printout dated within the last 3 months must be submitted with your application materials. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
SCREENING AND SELECTION PROCESS:
- Experience in interpreting policies and ordinances.
- Demonstrated work experience in enforcement and preferably with a municipality.
If you are interested in this position, you must apply online and complete the supplemental questionnaire. This position is open continuous with the first screening on November 27, 2019.
Based upon a review of the applications, the most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in the selection process. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
This at-will position is temporary, hourly, and not eligible for benefits. Reference checks and verification of education and employment history will be conducted before a job offer is made. Satisfactory driving record and fingerprint clearance required.The information contained within this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice and does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
The Town of Los Gatos is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, medical, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by law. Qualified individuals with a disability will receive reasonable accommodation, as required by the California Family Rights Act (CFRA), and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504, during any phase of the selection process, providing such request is made to Human Resources at least five working days in advance. Medical disability verification may be required prior to accommodation. Under federal law, all job applicants must prove authorization to work in the United States at the time of job offer .