The City of Fort Lauderdale is seeking dynamic and goal-driven employees. Employees that are motivated to take on today's greatest challenges and rewards in the field of local public service. Employees who are passionate about making a difference and achieving our mission: We Build Community, in a fast-paced organization that operates by vision, strategy, and action. Would you fit in? Apply now.
The employee in this class is responsible for providing instruction in a specific recreation activity. Work involves preparing samples and written directions, selecting materials and adopting suitable teaching materials to meet individual needs. Instructors are classified by experience and knowledge.JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Requirements for the Rec Instructor II - PLAY Licensed After-school Specialty Instructors* (Fitness, Dance, Art, Cooking, Science, Reading, etc.)
- Have successfully graduated from a standard high school or possess an acceptable G.E.D. from a recognized issuing agency.
- Experience in organizing and instructing groups in a wide variety of recreation activities for different age groups and interests.
- Supervises part-time personnel and volunteers when necessary.
Once hired, licensed after-school personnel will be required to complete additional documentation and forms to ensure County and State compliance.
HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION
- 40 hours Child Care Training and transcripts required
- Local/FDLE Background Screening
- Proof of HS Diploma or GED required
- Pediatric CPR/First Aid - or obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Experience working in Licensed After-school program preferred.
All applicants must complete the attached supplemental worksheet as well as the standard employment application.
Applications will be reviewed and the hiring authority will contact those applicants whose application reflects the best match of experience for the position.
Closing Date/Time: 12/30/2020 12:00 AM Eastern