Description:(Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Non-Exempt)This is a full-time, temporary position for two years from start date that may be extended based on operational needs. MB2019-PC2581
Apply Today! Open until filled. Application Screening Begins: December 2, 2019
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU
) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. During our 25th Silver Anniversary Celebration in 2019-20, we will complete two major building projects: the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and the Student Union. By 2030, CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral. PURPOSE :
Under the general supervision of the Director of Planning, and the day-to-day work direction of the Integrated Workplace Management Systems Analyst, the Geographic Information Systems Analyst (Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Non-Exempt) will perform skilled technical and professional work in the design, development, and maintenance of Geographic Information System (GIS) graphics, mapping applications and databases. Through the use of spatial information the Analyst will help the university better manage its resources, plan future development, promote public safety and provide staff, faculty and students with access to online maps and applications. The analyst will produce spatial and non-spatial data/information relevant to campus needs and provide technical assistance to the campus in the use of shared spatial data. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Database Management and Support:
- Create, modify and maintain spatial database(s), maps and applications.
- Work with IWMS Analyst to setup databases, servers and other systems to support GIS development.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources and file formats including censuses, field observation, aerial imagery, LiDAR, AutoCAD, Revit, construction drawings and existing maps.
- Conduct field surveys with RTK GNSS equipment.
- Analyze and define data requirements and needs.
- Develop standards and processes for AutoCAD, GIS and Surveying data.
- User Support & Training:
- Work with IWMS Analyst to provide user support and staff training.
- Support the campus in the use of online spatial information and technology.
- Work with departments to understand functional needs and develop maps and applications.
- Provide staff training to access and use online maps and applications.
- Analysis & Reporting:
- Work with IWMS Analyst to integrate GIS and CMMS programs for Facilities Management.
- Analyze data and assist in the data tracking and preparation of reports and maps based on campus data such as transportation, storm water, gas, electricity, emergency response, water, waste/recycling and sustainability information.
- Develop 2D and 3D maps, tables and graphs.
- Respond to requests for information from consultants, staff, faculty and students.
O ther Functions :
- Resource Evaluation:
- Work with IWMS Analyst to evaluate available products and systems to support GIS needs of the campus.
- Work with IWMS Analyst to recommend strategies to implement improvements on the existing systems or solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES : Knowledge:
- Attend meetings across campus and collaborate with the surrounding jurisdictions in support of campus development, planning, operations and safety.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Working knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty. Basic knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures. Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them.Abilities:
Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques. Ability to organize and plan work and projects including handling multiple priorities. Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment. Ability to compile, write, and present reports related to program or administrative specialty. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit. Ability to learn, interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures relating to and impacting the applicable program, organizational unit, and/or administrative specialty. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
General knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs. SPECIALIZED SKILLS :
Experience with GIS analysis and database management; and basic methods and procedures for map design, research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them. Demonstrated competence in independently applying technical judgment to standard and nonstandard applications and systems, solving a wide range of problems and developing practicable and thorough solutions, and using effective communication and listening skills. Excellent written, verbal and listening skills in order to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical users. Demonstrated ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and communicate technology systems and solutions; train others in work processes and procedures as required; make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment; ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relations with staff, faculty, students and others; adjust priorities and meet deadlines; work effectively as a team in a diverse employment environment. Ability to analyze and develop systems and technology-based solutions to meet user needs including applications, databases, and related systems. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
Experience using ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online. Experience standing up ArcGIS Enterprise environment using PostgreSQL. Experience working with, RTK GPS surveying equipment, Python and Adobe Illustrator. Experience converting AutoCAD and GIS data back and forth. SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & POSITION DESIGNATIONS :
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT :
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
- The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095
- Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University's liability coverage.
- May require occasional evenings and/or weekend work.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. Requires travel between campus offices and off-campus locations. POSITION INFORMATION :
- Type of Appointment: Full-Time, Temporary
- Collective Bargaining Unit: Clerical & Administrative Support Services (CSUEU)
- Anticipated Campus Hiring Salary: High $4,000's/month
- CSU Salary Range
- FLSA Status: Non Exempt
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental & vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14 paid holidays a year. For more information, visit: CSU Benefits R09
. Additionally, University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability, visit: Employee Housing. APPLICATION PROCEDURE :
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at csumb.edu/jobs
. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned. CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura and Antle Family Memorial Library
). All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S. GENERAL INFORMATION :
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER :
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled