Distinguishing Features of the Class
Performs cashiering duties and monitors patrons using City owned aquatic and pool facilities including slides. Positions areavailable at the following aquatic centers and pools :
Ashworth; Birdland; Nahas; Northwest and Teachout. Typicallyworksup to 30 hours per week, occasionally up to 40 hours per week .
120-day appointments from May through Labor Day. Assigned work hours between 11:00 AM and 11:00 PM including weekends and holidays. Deadline :
Applications areaccepted until such time a sufficient number of qualified applications is received to fill the positions.Note
: Hiring preference is given to applicants having the ability to work consistently throughout the season.Acceptable Experience and Training
Required Special Qualifications
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Prior cashier experience preferred.
- CPR and first aid certification required.
Requires satisfactory criminal, sex offender and if applicable driving record background checks. Passing a pre-employment physical and drug screen is required prior to employment.Examples of Essential Work (Illustrative Only)
- Performs cashiering duties and monitors patrons using City owned aquatic and pool facilities including slides;
- Enforces allfacility rules and regulations regarding public health and safety;
- Assists in emergency situations by reacting appropriately in a quick and calm manner as part of the facilities emergency action plan;
- Assists with maintenance work on or around the aquatic facilities;
- Performs cleaning duties relative to opening, operating and closing the facilities as well as cleaning floors, counters, restrooms, decks and landscaped area;
- Attends required in-service training throughout employment.
Closing Date/Time: 6/8/2020 5:00 PM Central