***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY***
PARKS & RECREATION PROGRAM DRIVER JOB CHARACTERISTICS:
The City of Concord is looking for an experienced Driver with a valid class B license to safely transport seniors, adults, teens, and youth while providing superior and friendly customer service.HIRING DEPARTMENT:
Parks & RecreationWORK LOCATION(s)
Concord Senior Center, 2727 Parkside Circle, Concord, CA 94519; Markham Nature Park, 3915 Cowell Road, Concord, CA 94521; and Willow Pass Community Center, 2748 East Olivera Road, Concord, CA 94519.HOURS:
Weekdays, nights and/or weekends as needed for Parks & Recreation Trips & Tour Program. SALARY RANGE:
$20.46 - $25.55 per hour Examples of duties include, but are not limited to: DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Qualifications: Education/Experience Education:
- Implement safe and efficient operating of vehicle carrying up to 30 passengers.
- Maintain and keep current Class B California's Driver's License with at least 30-passenger endorsement.
- Communicate with supervisor to receive and verify instructions.
- Report any delays.
- Conduct and log pre-trip and post-trip vehicle safety inspections.
- Load and unload frail senior citizens and mobility assistive devices such as walkers and wheelchairs safely and efficiently.
- Ensure that passengers are wearing their seat belts.
- Work cooperatively with volunteer trip escorts.
- Handle stressful situations calmly and professionally.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Maintain an impeccably clean vehicle.
- Accountable for use of a City issued procurement card.
- Complete monthly reports to reconcile expenses for parking and other trip needs.
- Report participant, vehicle, or driver accidents timely and accurately on the proper forms.
- Complete bi-weekly timecards in computerized system.
- Prompt and proper handling when vehicle maintenance issues arise.
Completion of the twelfth grade or the equivalent. Experience:
Wheelchair lift loading experience is required. One (1) to three (3) years of commercial driving experience is preferred. Other: Other requirements:
Must be at least age 21 or older and in good health; have, or be willing to obtain before start of program: Fingerprint clearance, TB clearance; and CPR, First Aid, and AED certification.
- Must pass an employment record, criminal background check, drug screen, TB Test and physical performance test. This position is subject to DOJ random drug screening.
- Must possess a valid Class B California Driver's License with Passenger Endorsement for at least 30 passengers.
- Must have a current Motor Vehicle Report that represents a history of safe and competent driving.
- Maintain certifications in First Aide/CPR/AED.
- Ability to push, pull, lift, bend/stoop, twist, squat, kneel for wheelchair loading, and sit for prolonged periods to drive.
- Must be able to work the maximum hours allowed under D.O.T. Hours of Service Regulations on various shifts/days of the week, while maintaining outstanding attendance.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with escorts and participants.
APPLICATION / SELECTION PROCEDURES:
To apply for this position go to www.cityofconcord.org and click on Career Opportunities. All applications and resumes will be reviewed in relation to the criteria outlined above. Only those candidates who best meet the qualifications will be invited to interview. Applicants will be notified of interview time and date.
For additional information, please contact:
Devynn Darner, 925-671-3118 or devynn.darner @cityofconcord.org
Dario Sanchez, 925-671-3017 or email@example.com