The City of Henderson is seeking enthusiastic team players to provide premier public service in our award-winning Parks & Recreation Department.
Under general supervision, serves as the working supervisor of the City's state licensed preschool program; oversees program operation, staff, and participants; enforces program and facility rules, policies and procedures; assures the safety and security of program participants; and performs related duties as assigned.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description.
The City of Henderson offers two state-licensed preschool programs at the Valley View Recreation Center. ABC ETC. is a half-day preschool designed for children 3-5 years of age, and Little Learners is full-day preschool designed for children 4-5 years of age.Candidates for this position will be subject to post-offer drug testing (NRS 613(1) (d)).MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be 18 years old at the time of application
- High school diploma or equivalent at the time of application or promotion
- Three (3) years of experience working in a childcare center or licensed preschool
- Note: An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
- Must successfully complete the following Nevada Registry initial training courses within the first 90 days of hire:
- American Red Cross Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation/First Aid Certification
- Signs & Symptoms of Illness
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect
- Human Growth & Development or Positive Guidance
Must complete continuing Child Wellness training as required by the Nevada Registry and/or the City. Must apply to become a member of The Nevada Registry within 90 days of hire, which must be renewed annually. Current members must supply proof of valid membership upon hire. Desirable: Associate's Degree in Child Development, Education, Early Childhood or closely related field. Desirable: Supervisory experience in a child care center or licensed preschool. Incumbent may be required to obtain additional certifications, complete in-service training and/or continuing education as required and as a condition of continued employment, and may be at the expense of the incumbent.REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATIONDocuments Required at the Time of Application:
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental QuestionnaireSELECTION PROCESS
You will be contacted by email or phone during the application and hiring process. It is your responsibility to check the email and phone number voicemail you provided on your application.
We can't leave you a message if your voicemail is not set up or is full, so please make sure that you set up, check and clear out your voicemail during the application and hiring process.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Employment with the City may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer background investigation, medical/physical examination, and a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.