Position Overview Parks and Recreation will continue to hire seasonal staff for summer programming. Applicants should be prepared to interview virtually or by phone, so please make sure that you have provided a current phone number on your application and have also set up voicemail.
The City of Henderson is seeking enthusiastic team players to provide premier public service in our award-winning Parks & Recreation Department.
Under immediate supervision, a Recreation Assistant may perform a variety of tasks in support of Recreation Division programs, including equipment and material deliveries, food preparation, monitoring and assisting with the supervision of individual programs, team sports, aquatic operations and activities, event set-up and execution, customer service, miscellaneous office duties; and related duties as assigned.
Recreation Assistant is an excellent opportunity to serve the Henderson community in an entry-level position.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description.
Because Recreation Assistant positions are available in facilities throughout the City of Henderson, work locations and assignments are subject to change based on program needs.Candidates for this position will be subject to post-offer drug testing (NRS 613(1)(d)). MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATIONDocuments Required at the Time of Application:
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Any combination of education, work and/or volunteer experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance. Example: Volunteer work or community service hours earned while attending school.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, an American Red Cross Standard First Aid Certificate and Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certifications within the first three (3) months of employment.
- Some positions require a State of Nevada Food Handler's permit and completion of Safe Serve training.
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental QuestionnaireSELECTION PROCESS
You will be contacted by email or phone during the application and hiring process. It is your responsibility to check the email and phone number voicemail you provided on your application.
We can't leave you a message if your voicemail is not set up or is full, so please make sure that you set up, check and clear out your voicemail during the application and hiring process.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Employment with the City may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer background investigation, medical/physical examination, and a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.