POSITION SUMMARY*Previously Advertised: Former applicants that ranked are still under consideration and do not need to reapply.
The City of Fort Lauderdale community builders possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers. Would you fit in? Click here to apply .
Designs, implements, and supports a complete Information Security program, consisting of hardware, software, policies and procedures, which ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information systems in the City of Fort Lauderdale network. This program encompasses many departments such as, Police, Fire, and SCADA networks. Supervises support staff and evaluates operating policies and procedures and makes recommendations to improve security and operating efficiency and productivity.NOTE:
The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.The City offers a wide variety of benefits to their employees. In addition to the competitive benefits package and salary, the City offers 401(a) participation with a 9% City contribution and no employee match!Student Loan Forgiveness:
Say "Hello" to the City of Fort Lauderdale and Say "Goodbye" to Your Student Loan.
That's right! Under the U.S. Department of Education's Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, the remaining balance on your student loan may be forgiven after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments while working full-time at the City of Fort Lauderdale!
Learn more about this valuable program at www.StudentAid.gov/publicservice .
This job classification is in Management Category II for benefits purposes.
This job classification is included within the bargaining unit represented by Federation of Public Employees and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Federation of Public Employees.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Designs, implements and supports secure information security architecture for the City of Fort Lauderdale
- Provides Audit and Compliance assessments for a multitude of different standards
- Develops policies, procedures, and standards that meet existing and newly developed policy and regulatory requirements
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of subordinates including determining work procedures and schedules; issuing instructions and assigning duties; reviewing work; recommending personnel actions; conducting performance reviews; and conducting departmental training and orientation
- Leads project implementation with large groups of people from varying departments
- Evaluates the impact that future projects will have on the City of Fort Lauderdale's network
- Researches current threats and understands the possible impact of threats on the security infrastructure
- Creating, managing, and maintaining IT security awareness and risk/training curriculum.
- Review proposals for purchases to ensure that enterprise-wide solutions contain appropriate levels of security built into their products or services
- Lead the City's vendor risk management program
- Documents security concerns and alerts the Chief Technology Officer to security issues in a timely manner upon discovery
- Reviews and evaluates operating policies and procedures and makes recommendations to improve security and operating efficiency and productivity.
- Assists in the testing, selection, placement, implementation, documentation, operation and maintenance of various information security technologies
- Maintains logs and writes reports regarding information security activity
- Plans, coordinates, manages, or performs both internal and external security assessments, and audits evidence-gathering exercises.
- Trains and supervises, assigns and reviews the work of less experienced Security team members and direct reports.
- Keeps apprised of latest developments and updates in information security technology
- Performs related work as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience in the design, implementation, and support of enterprise-wide IT security programs (hardware, software, policies and procedures) including writing and auditing of policy, procedures and standards, and at least one (1) year of supervisory experience preferred. Additional qualifying experience or completion of coursework at an accredited college or university in a job-related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required experience or education.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP),
Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH),
or other relevant security certifications
Experience with the following: Palo Alto; antivirus familiarity and importance;
vulnerability assessment; security best practices; data protection, including disaster
recovery plan (DRP) and business continuity planning (BCP); email security;
intrusion detection system (IDS) deployment and turning; Windows active directory
(AD) security; and payment card industry (PCI) compliance. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- An in-depth pre-employment background check, including a polygraph exam, will be conducted as part of the selection process as this position is deemed security-sensitive. Felony convictions, convictions of crimes of moral turpitude, or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from being considered for this position. It is your responsibility to provide at time of application, an official disposition of all charges of which you were found guilty, had adjudication withheld, or pled no contest.
- Positions working with Police systems will require CJIS Certification (Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement)
may be required to work during a declared emergency. The employee's Department Head will determine who will be required to work. PHYSICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The position is generally sedentary. Employees sit most of the time, but may walk or stand for brief periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION
Depending on the number of applicants and the quality of their education and experience, the examination may consist of one or more of the following tests: Evaluation of Training and Experience, Oral Interview, Written Examination, or other assessment method. Applicants must attain a minimum score of 70 in each part of the examination in order to qualify. All successful applicants may be required to take a medical examination and/or pass a drug screening prior to appointment.
An eligible veteran who enters an open-competitive examination shall receive preference points added to the total passing score earned in the examination as provided for in the Florida Statutes. To obtain veteran's preference, candidates MUST submit a copy of separation papers and the City of Fort Lauderdale's veteran's preference claim form ( J204 ).
Closing Date/Time: Continuous