Under supervision of permanent Registrar of Voters' staff operates materials handling equipment and performs manual tasks in the receipt, storage, and delivery of a variety of election materials and related tasks as required.
Assignments in this classification are temporary part-time assignments, plus overtime as needed, normally during election season.
- Loads and unloads election materials stock from delivery vehicles;
- Unpacks, stores, and rearranges election supplies;
- Operates forklifts and other materials handling equipment;
- Checks incoming orders, in cases not involving difficult identification problems, for accurate quantity and specifications;
- Prepares election materials for issuance or delivery;
- Drives vehicles, including trucks, to deliver election materials;
- Assists with election supply inventories;
- Creates Voter Information display boards;
- Packs election supply kits from multiple items in preparation for delivery;
- Uses manual and low level electronic machinery to move materials within warehouse areas;
- Moves election supplies for testing and quality control process;
- Acts as navigator with a delivery team delivering election materials;
- Organizes, sorts, and attains physical counts of materials to be restocked;
- Supports mass mailing operation of official election information;
- Performs related work as required.
Some assignments may require:
- Operating a forklift to stock and/or relocate palletized material from high level racks;
- Acting as a driver with a delivery team with a truck in delivering materials.
Sufficient education and experience, which demonstrates possession of the following knowledge, skills and abilities: Training and Experience:
The knowledge and abilities required to perform this function are normally attained through training and experience equivalent to possession of a high school diploma
Six (6) months of experience in storeroom methods and procedures used in the receipt, storage and issuance of goods.
Possession of a valid California Driver's license prior to appointment and the ability to qualify for and maintain a County Drivers Permit is required for some assignments.
Possession and maintenance of a Forklift Operators Certification is required for assignments where forklift use is required. Knowledge of:
- Storeroom methods and procedures used in the receipt, storage and issuance of goods;
- Machinery used in warehouses;
- Safe lifting practices.
- Operate manual and low level electronic machinery;
- Exercise physical exertion in the movement of moderately heavy or bulky supplies;
- Understand and follow oral and simple written instructions;
- Maintain effective working relationships with others;
- Navigate to delivery locations;
- Perform basic clerical work including simple computer usage;
- Work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed due to the workload.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.