Recruitment Number VA1175
Posting Period Open Until Filled (Review of Applications will begin 07/24/19. Applications received after that date may be considered.)
On Campus Only No
Working Title ANNUAL GIVING OFFICER (Administrator I)
Class Title ADMINISTRATOR I
Salary Range (From $ to $) Salary commensurate with background and experience of the individual selected. (Anticipated hiring salary not to exceed: $50,000 per year).
Department University Development
Number of Positions 5
FLSA Code Exempt
Status At Will
Pay Plan 12/12
CBU/MOU M80 - Management Personnel Plan
Quick Link http://jobs.csuchico.edu/postings/5640
Hours Per Day 8 hours during the school year / 10 hours during the summer
Days Per Week 5 days during the school year / 4 days during the summer
The Annual Giving Officer works to promote university fundraising priorities to alumni, parents, and friends. Reporting to the AVP for University Advancement, the incumbent is responsible for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and new prospects for gifts in the "leadership annual giving" ($1,500 - $24,999) range. Incumbent will be responsible for initiating relationships with new donor prospects for Chico State University by assessing giving capacity, affinity, and inclination through face-to-face visits. Traveling 7-12 days each month, the incumbent will participate as a member of the University Advancement division in the overall execution of a comprehensive development program with a particular focus on new prospect identification, qualification and project interest referral.
The incumbent will be responsible for meeting agreed upon fundraising goals and metrics as they relate to the strategic needs of the University. Performance, as measured against these goals, will be evaluated annually.
For a full description of job duties, please visit: https://csuchico.box.com/v/VA1175-Position-Description
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Incumbent must possess:
• Working knowledge of:
• Principles, practices, best practices of gift solicitation and development in higher education.
• Methods, practices, and procedures associated with gift and leadership prospect and donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
• Development of proposals and materials in support of fund-raising.
• Ways donors can make charitable gifts, including cash, appreciated securities, planned gifts.
• General knowledge of:
• Management principles, practices, and technique.
• Research and interview techniques.
• Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs and spread sheet programs especially Excel, as well as willingness and an ability to learn additional computer software programs.
• Fluent in the use of standard office equipment (computers, copiers, phones, fax).
Incumbent must possess:
• Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• A high degree of personal motivation, independent judgment, and persuasiveness.
• Excellent writing, speaking, interviewing, and listening skills.
• Experience with other constituent database software.
Incumbent must have the ability to:
• Work independently as well as collaboratively.
• Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with prospects, donors, volunteers, coaches, faculty, staff, and administrators.
• Make cold calls and other introductory contacts to get appointments with prospects.
• Build and maintain productive relationships with donors, advancement colleagues, and faculty and staff members.
• Effectively communicate the Chico State University mission, strategic plan, and case for philanthropic support.
• Perform duties assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience
Requires a combination of Education and Experience that demonstrates the background and knowledge to perform duties noted above. The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or two years of full time successful professional experience in fundraising or sales, or successful professional experience in higher education fundraising.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following as they may be considered specialized skills:
• Experience in campaign fund-raising or development.
• Possess a Bachelor's or Master's Degree.
• Chico State Alumni.
• Experience in higher education fund raising.
• Experience managing prospect lists.
• California State University, Chico, in accordance with CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a background check (including a criminal records check/and or fingerprinting) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive. This position is considered a sensitive position based on CSU guidelines. Incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of Level 1 data, sometimes also referred to as Level 1 protected data. This is confidential information that is in most cases protected by statutes, regulations, or other legal mandates.
• This position is a Higher Education Employer-Employee Relations Act (HEERA) designated managerial position and comes under the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. Individuals appointed to management positions serve at the pleasure of the President or designee. They are excluded from the collective bargaining process, are not subject to probationary service, and do not receive tenure or permanent status. This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
• The person holding this position is considered a "Limited Mandated Reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 (revised July 21, 2017) as a condition of employment.
• The duties of this position will include participation in a decision that may have a material/financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, this is a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code and the incumbent will be required to file a Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest and is subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. (Group/Category: Procurement Card Holder, 2) Note this designation is applicable only if Procurement Card is issued.
• Throughout employment in this position incumbent must maintain a valid California Driver's License as well as continued completion and compliance of the CSU Defensive Driver's Training course.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. This position alternates between remaining in a stationary position operating a personal computer for long periods of time and frequently moving about inside the office as well as extensive travel.
This position involves frequent to constant interaction with students, parents, guests, faculty and staff. The environment is a typical office with standard office equipment, requires the regular use of computers and the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time. This is a fast-paced environment requiring a flexible schedule. Early morning, evening, weekend and overnight hours are required, as needed to travel and complete work or projects. May occasionally work outside and locations may include even and uneven walking surfaces, exposure to weather changes such as temperatures, humidity or precipitation. Requires frequent domestic travel, by commercial air and/or passenger vehicle. Travel assignments may include temperature variations, climbing stairs, lifting, pulling, pushing and moving up to 35 lbs.
This position qualifies for benefits including tuition fee waiver (if eligible).
CSU, Chico offers a number of benefits to its employees (e.g., sick leave, vacation, health insurance). Eligibility for standard CSU benefits is based on an appointment of half-time or more for a period exceeding six months. Employees appointed less than half-time or less than six months are not eligible for standard CSU benefits but do receive prorated sick leave and vacation.
Eligibility for Affordable Care Act (ACA) benefits is based on an appointment of at least three-quarter time, hired to work a minimum of 130 hours per month over the course of the appointment or works an average of 130 hours or more per month during the measurement period. The ACA guidelines provide for health coverage or FlexCash only. ACA does not provide dental or vision plan coverage.
About the University and Community
Detailed information is available at http://www.csuchico.edu/pa/chico-facts.shtml. As a university that educates students of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds, we value a diverse faculty and staff. CSU, Chico welcomes applicants who are knowledgeable about and interested in working within a cross-cultural learning environment. We also welcome those who share a passion and commitment to the University's 6th Strategic Priority that focuses on sustainability, stewardship, and the environment - see http://www.csuchico.edu/sustainability/index.shtml.
California State University, Chico is committed to achieving excellence through diversity in the classroom and the workplace. It strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students, faculty, and staff.
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
Open Date (posting open date) 07/10/2019
Close Date (posting close date)
Open Until Filled Yes
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled