SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $3,100.00/month to $3,649.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
Student Health and Counseling Services provides basic, augmented and preventive health care to CSUEB students. These services support the clinic's mission to have students achieve and maintain an optimal state of health so they can achieve their academic and career goals.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Administrative Support Assistant II reports to the Manager of Administrative Services and performs administrative support duties including but not limited to personnel, payroll, accounting and procurement processes for Student Health and Counseling Services.
Accounting and Procurement Support
* Process appropriate submission of documents for the purchase of supplies and services, using various University processes such as, Express Purchase Order, Reprographics, Travel Reimbursements, Procurement Credit Card, etc.
* Work with vendors to obtain current pricing, item description, etc.
* Collaborate with University's Accounting, Procurement and Receiving Departments to facilitate timely and accurate processing of supplies and services.
* Follow up to resolutions of any outstanding accounting, payroll, personnel, and procurement issues.
* Process and maintain SH&CS employee travel requests.
* Coordinate staff's travel arrangements with the University's contracted travel agency, as requested.
* Verify and deposit daily SH&CS augmented fees for services rendered.
* Process and log invoices for signature approval and payment.
* Prepare and follow through on work orders and service tickets.
* Scan all accounting and procurement documents onto the department's shared drive.
Personnel and Payroll Support
* Assist hiring committee members with the hiring and recruitment requests, as needed.
* Assist in scheduling job interviews with prospective applicants.
* Schedule and conduct new employee orientation.
* Prepare and maintain attendance and payroll documents on all SH&CS rostered and non-rostered, student assistants, interns and volunteer employees.
* Maintain in-house employee documents, including but not limited to copies of training certificate of completions, e-FAF's, e-SAF's, SEAF's, Payroll sheets, etc.
* Process personnel action forms on all SH&CS employees, as needed.
* Process the Separating Employee Clearance form on all SH&CS employees, as needed.
* Maintain the professional medical staff's completed peer review documents.
* Perform payroll duties monthly, i.e. Attendance Sheets, 634, etc.
* Maintain inventory of SH&CS key assignments.
* Update staff picture board and mailboxes, as needed.
* Handle confidential files and information daily.
Administrative Support Duties
* Assist in the minute taking of various committee meetings in the absence of the Administrative Support Coordinator, as needed.
* Assist in the department's mail distribution, as needed.
* May serve on various University committees and task forces, as requested.
* Assist Administrative Support Coordinator in taking, screening and routing phone calls, as needed.
* Assist Administrative Support Coordinator in maintaining the SH&CS Conference Room schedule, as needed.
* Manage the AVP of Student Support & Development's schedule in the absence of the Administrative Support Coordinator, as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Student Health and Counseling Managers or the AVP of Student Support & Development.
* Knowledge of applicable university and department policies and procedures.
* Required to use a variety of office support technology and systems, including: one or more word processing such as PNC, the Department's medical management system, Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft. Use of a mainframe computer to enter data and generate reports such as Data Warehouse and Sharepoint, and use of electronic and voice mail.
* Ability to efficiently manage time, workload and resources.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize, secure and maintain confidential documents.
* Attention to detail.
Requires fundamental written and oral communication skills, including a sound foundation in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; an ability to understand standard office procedures; an ability to operate standard office equipment; an ability to learn office technology systems; an ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; and typing and keyboard skills.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through completion of a high school program or its equivalent and some experience in an office environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Medical terminology highly desirable.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Word and Excel.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
May have exposure to blood and bodily fluids for which there is risk for blood borne pathogens and other communicable (aerosol transmissible) diseases. As a state disaster worker, all public emplovees mav be called and assigned to perform work during a disaster.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled