311 Vernon Street Roseville, 95678 Description FINAL FILING DATE:
We are accepting applications until closing at 5 pm, April 9, 2020. PERS retired annuitants are not eligible to apply.IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION
. THE POSITION
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the 1,000 hour temporary and part-time position of Lifeguard in the Parks, Recreation, and Libraries Department. This position is limited to a maximum of 1,000 hours per fiscal year. The normal work schedule may vary from January through December, up to 25 hours per week, Sunday through Saturday or May-September, up to 40 hours per week, Sunday through Saturday.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere. THE CITY
The City of Roseville (COR) incorporates the following CORe Competencies as part of the City's culture:
- Focus on people: Develop and deliver service-oriented solutions that meet or exceed expectations.
- Build trust: Ensure honesty and integrity to gain confidence and support of others.
- Ensure accountability: Take responsibility for the outcomes of one's own work and foster a sense of ownership in others.
- Communicate effectively: Deliver clear, concise messages and actively listen to ideas and questions.
- Collaborate inclusively: Build effective working partnerships, alliances, and teams.
- Make quality decisions: Make sound, timely decisions and recommendations.
- Be adaptable/agile: Change approach or methods to best fit the situation and effectively balance competing priorities.
The City of Roseville Parks, Recreation & Libraries Department incorporates our culture into our everyday interactions with our co-workers and our community.
- Take Pride - We're proud of the services that we provide to our residents.
- Be Creative - We encourage an environment that allows for passion and innovation.
- Always Improving - We embrace change by fostering opportunities to learn, adapt and grow.
- Work As a Team -Teamwork makes us stronger, more efficient and adds value to our department.
- Make it Fun - We celebrate our co-workers, achievements and successes.
To perform a variety of duties related to supervising the pool, decks and additional areas of an aquatic facility. EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of:
- Maintain constant surveillance as assigned to safeguard swimmers from drowning and other accidents.
- Maintain discipline and orderly conduct among patrons and enforce all pertinent City pool rules and regulations.
- Promote and enforce water safety procedures; perform swimming rescues; render first aid and CPR as required.
- Assist in the planning, promoting and organizing of prescribed Red Cross programs and special events.
- Perform pool maintenance functions as required.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and up to date records and reports.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Principles and practices of water safety and swimming rescue techniques.
- Principles and techniques of first aid and CPR.
- Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
Experience and Training Experience: Training:
- On a continuous basis, know and understand operations and observe safety rules; walk; swim with proficiency and endurance; render life saving measures; interpret policies and procedures, explain operations and problem solve issues for the public and with staff.
- Intermittently set up booths, hang banners, move tables and carry supplies; lift or carry weight of 45 pounds or less.
- Prevent accidents and conduct effective rescues.
- Respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner; administer first aid and CPR.
- Prepare reports and course records.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Understand and carry out written and oral directions.
- Communicate tactfully with customers.
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Promote and enforce safety procedures including proper use of equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
License or Certificate
- Equivalent to completion of the tenth (10th) grade or fifteen (15) years of age.
- Possession of a current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certificate by date of appointment.
- Possession of a current American Red Cross Title 22 First Aid for Public Personnel certificate by date of appointment.
- Possession of a current American Red Cross Administering Emergency Oxygen certificate by date of appointment.
- Possession of a current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training certificate by date of appointment.
- If hired by the City of Roseville, would you prefer to work year-round (January-December, up to 25 hours per week) or seasonally (May-September, up to 40 hours per week)?
- Have you completed the tenth (10th) grade or are you fifteen (15) years of age?
- If hired by the City of Roseville, you must be able to attend the following pre-season mandatory trainings. Can you attend all trainings listed?
- Saturday, May 16 9am-12pm
- Saturday, May 16 1pm-5pm
- Saturday, May 23 8:30am-12pm
- Saturday, May 23 2pm-5pm
- Saturday, May 30 10am-12pm
- Saturday, May 30 1:30pm-3:30pm
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications. Qualifying applicants may be contacted by the Department to interview. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment medical exam and a drug and alcohol screening test.
THE CITY OF ROSEVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE A SCHEDULED INTERVIEW/EXAMINATION PROCESS. MEDICAL DISABILITY VERIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ACCOMMODATION.Recruitment Contact
Contact email: Recruitment@roseville.ca.us