***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY***
DAY CAMP COUNSELOR II
Backyard Explorers ProgramHIRING DEPARTMENT
: Parks & RecreationPROGRAM
: "Backyard Explorers" (Kindergarten - 5th Grade Youth Camp)WORK LOCATION
: Markham Nature Park, 3915 Cowell Rd., Concord, CA 94521DATES
Staff Training: Select dates/times between May 30, 2020 - June 7, 2020
Camp runs June 8, 2020 - August 7, 2020HOURS
: Hours vary between 6:45 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.SALARY RANGE
: Starting at $14.49 per hour (approximately 20-35 hours per week)FINAL FILING DATE
: 5:00 p.m on July 31, 2020 The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal "Backyard Explorers" Summer Day Camp Counselor II, possesses:
- The experience, skills and ability to be a team leader;
- Effective communication skills with youth, parents and coworkers;
- Good customer service skills with youth, parents and coworkers; and
- Knowledge of how to lead creative children's games, art, recreational activities and sports.
As a Counselor II, you will:
- Assist in planning, organizing, and leading activities in the areas of crafts, nature, group games and sports;
- Enthusiastically prepare, conduct and actively participate in camp activities, trips and swim days;
- Work together with team members to implement camp programs including local excursions, swimming, barbecues, sports, games, art, cooking projects and contests; and
- Be an excellent role model and mentor as well as be a positive influence for youth in elementary school.
- Plan and implement large Friday activity.
For more program information, go to http://cityofconcord.org/593/Backyard-Explorers . Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Knowledge and Abilities
- The ability to plan, implement and engage in recreational programs for youth Kindergarten through 5th grades.
- The capability to plan, organize, lead and participate in activities in the areas of crafts, nature, group games and sports.
- Supervise and monitor participants to provide for their safety during program.
- Establish positive relationships with youth, parents and coworkers.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of good work ethics and youth development.
- Gather and organize supplies for scheduled activities.
- Other duties as applies.
- Demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Possess experience in leading teams.
- Possess experience leading recreational activities in a day care or day camp setting working with youth is highly desired.
- Must be at least 18 years old and in good health; have, or be willing to obtain before start of program: Fingerprint clearance, TB clearance; CPR, First Aid, AED certification; and a Food Handling Certification. Must be available to participate in mandatory Training Workshops select dates/times May 30th - June 7th.APPLICATION / SELECTION PROCEDURES:
To apply for this position go to, http://cityofconcord.org/ and click on Employment Opportunities. All applications and resumes will be reviewed in relation to the criteria outlined above. Only those candidates who best meet the qualifications will be invited to interview. Applicants will be notified of interview time and date. Other:
For additional information, please contact:
Devynn Darner, 925-671-3118 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 07/31/20 5:00 PM Pacific Time