***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY***SUMMER DAY CAMP ASSISTANT DIRECTORBackyard Explorers Program HIRING DEPARTMENT:
Parks & RecreationPROGRAM:
"Backyard Explorers" (Kindergarten - 5th Grade Youth Camp)WORK LOCATION:
Markham Nature Park, 3915 Cowell Rd., Concord, CA 94521DATES:
Staff Training: Select dates/times between May 30, 2020 - June 7, 2020
Camp Runs June 8, 2020 - August 7, 2020HOURS:
Hours vary between 6:30 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.SALARY RANGE:
$15.60 - $17.22 per hourFINAL FILING DATE:
5:00 p.m. on July 31, 2020 THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of good teaching practices and youth development.
- Have experience working with elementary school youth.
- Have good organization and time-management skills.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in recreation or related field, supervisory experience preferred.
- Other duties as applies.
As the Assistant Director you will: plan, coordinate, supervise staff and initiate various activities; be an excellent role model and positive mentor for school aged children; be part of a team; be creative, and develop positive relationships with staff, participants and parents. Programs include: activities focused on health, fitness and nutrition education; cooking projects; swimming; local trips & excursions; challenging reality games, innovative art, STEM projects and more.
Programs include activities focused on health, fitness and nutrition education; cooking projects; swimming; local trips & excursions; challenging reality games, innovative art projects and more. For additional program information, please visit http://cityofconcord.org Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ensure the overall safety and well-being of participants and staff.
- Oversee, monitor, plan and implement daily activities appropriate to the needs of 5 to 10 year old youth.
- Assist the Director in managing staff and assign tasks as needed.
- Be able to establish a positive rapport with students, parents, and co-workers.
- Provide and monitor supervision of participants at all times.
- Provide transportation for and lead all weekly field trips using city cars, bus, vans and public transportation.
- Organize and gather supplies for scheduled activities.
- Assist Director in coordinating transportation for and lead weekly field trips.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of good teaching practices and youth development.
- Possesses experience working with elementary age youth.
- Possesses good organization and time-management skills.
- Possesses a minimum of one (1) year of experience in recreation or related field; supervisory experience is highly desired .
- Must be at least 18 years old and in good health; have, or be willing to obtain before start of program: Fingerprint clearance, TB clearance; CPR, First Aid, AED certification; Food Handling Certification, and have a valid California Driver's license. Must be available to participate in mandatory Training Workshops select dates/times between May 30th - June 7th. APPLICATION / SELECTION PROCEDURES:
To apply for this position go to, http://cityofconcord.org/ and click on Employment Opportunities. All applications and resumes will be reviewed in relation to the criteria outlined above. Only those candidates who best meet the qualifications will be invited to interview. Applicants will be notified of interview time and date. Other:
For additional information, please contact:
Devynn Darner, 925-671-3118 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 07/31/20 5:00 PM Pacific Time