SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary range will be from $72,000.00 - $77,000.00 per year.
This position is a Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position in the CSU, and serves at the pleasure of the President.
The CSU enjoys a generous benefits program with employer paid life insurance ($100,000), as well as health, dental, and vision insurance with the monthly premium largely paid by the CSU. Additionally, we offer a broad range of other benefits which includes dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, tuition fee waiver, 401k, 457 and 403(b) plans.
The CSU belongs to the CalPERS retirement plan in which medical and dental insurance continues in qualified retirement.
The CSU has 14 paid holidays and the position earns 24 days of vacation and 12 days of sick leave per year.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
University Extension (UE) organizes and offers educational programs to matriculated and non-matriculated students of the University. It Is wholly self-supporting, functioning without general fund support. UE develops and maintains self-support programs from inception to marketing and finally to implementation. UE consists of multiple sub-centers: The American Language Program; the Center for International Education; Oakland Professional Development Center; Concord Campus, Online Teaching and Learning.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Fiscal Services Manager (FSM), University Extension, is responsible for sustaining an environment built on fiscal accountability within each cost center, program and unit and putting in place the policies and internal controls for a self-support operation.
Under the direction of the AVP, the FSM is responsible for the fiscal design and development of overall management plans for the division by working with all component units, for helping to establish goals with department directors and their staff, for assisting all academic and administrative personnel to advance the diverse programmatic and public service objectives of the division, and for helping to foster effective communication systems and promoting an open and supportive organizational culture. The DFS is responsible for the divisional cost center budgets on an on-boing basis and to make recommendations to the AVP on allocations, revisions, staffing needs, and all resource support to obtain a sound fiscal position for University Extension. They also support the AVP by assuring the availability of technological resources where deeded within the limits of the institution.
Participate in the division's academic, budget, and strategic planning in concert with all division components which include: International Education, Continuing Education programs, Special Sessions, the American Language Program & Online Education, Summer Session, Study Abroad, Oakland Center. Marketing and new program development.
* Maintain budget records for all accounts in the division
* Regularly update year-to-date actuals for analysis of funds availability
* Coordinate mid-fiscal year budget revision with all directors
* Monitor requests for expenditures against budget and work with the directors to make ensure line items are shifted to cover expenditure; revise and create budget policies and procedures
* Report revenue and enrollment data projections annually to the Chancellor's Office
Financial and Accounting Analysis
* Monitor accounts and provide current account status to the AVP
* Review Peoplesoft reports for discrepancies and take corrective action
* Report on the self-support status of each unit within the division
* Evaluate new and existing programs, contracts, and leases for financial, legal, and market viability
* Alignment of distributions with fiscal year (surplus revenue, Open University, etc.)
Revenue Receipt Monitoring
* Meet with Financial Aid and University Accounting to develop or enhance procedures for timely receipt of revenue
* Work with international partners to ensure timely receipt of revenue
* Work with all internal program counterparts to ensure timely receipt of revenue
* Responsible for monitoring all activities of the fiscal services team
* Ensure directors and other staff are trained in accounting procedures and/or software required for maintaining the division's financial health and self-support status
* Transfer funds to appropriate accounts to correct deposit errors
* Record and audit payroll documentation to assure accuracy
* Assist Accounting Office in collection of course fees from third party sponsors
* Act as Local Support representative to the Division's end-users in the dissemination of PeopleSoft procedural information
Policies and Procedures
* Ensure the division is in compliance with University, CSU system, and GAAP requirements
* Enhance or develop policies and procedures to improve fiscal and accounting management
* Represent the division in meetings with AA, Admin & Finance, Financial Aid, SA, etc.
* Support Academic Affairs on all self-support fund management
Manage and direct functions and act as campus committee point person and divisional liaison to all university administrative entities for:
* Marketing systems, techniques, and production activities
* Continuing education registration systems and student services units
* Financial and administrative systems
* Programmatic topics
* Information systems and technologies (and their interface with all of the above) ensuring that UE is positioned for campus wide & system wide upgrades and changes and implementation of new systems
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with major course work in business or public administration, accounting, economics or a related field
* Five years of progressively responsible fiscal, budget, and related business management experience
* Prior lead or supervisory experience
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PeopleSoft
* Strong communications skills and the ability to present clear and concise reports
* Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective team relationships
* Ability to contemplate courses of action and to make clear recommendations based on sound organizational and fiscal considerations
* Broad knowledge of organizational operations and policies, and a high level of experience, discretion, integrity and organizational skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Three years of experience in higher education finance environment
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a position with supervisory/lead responsibilities, subject to completion of the University on-line Sexual Harassment training as a condition of employment.
This position is a "designated position" in the CSU's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
At Cal State East Bay, the following nine competencies have been identified as valued leadership qualities: Communication, Cooperation, Delegation, Empathy, Feedback, Innovation, Leadership Presence, Passion and Strategic Ability. While we may not expect our managers to exhibit all of these competencies, we do expect them to aspire to develop them. As part of the annual evaluation review process, the Fiscal Services Manager will be evaluated on each.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled