The Modesto Irrigation District is currently recruiting to fill one full-time vacancy in theIT Technical Operations Department, Information Technology Division, to beresponsible for planning and supervising the installation and maintenance of communications equipment, participate in communication systems deployment and network planning, evaluation and implementation. Any qualified individual may apply .
This is an exempt position and is allocated to theProfessional and SupervisoryBargaining Unit. The list established as a result of this recruitment may be used to fill otherProject Supervisor - Operationsvacancies that may occur within the District through February 5, 2021. Examples of Duties:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Other Related Duties
- Plan, supervise, coordinate, and prioritizedata communications and equipment installation and maintenance required to support various computer systems and network environment for all locations
- Plan, supervise, and coordinate the installation, maintenance, and repair of fiber optic equipment and cables, microwave radios, RTU's, VOIP phone system, mobile radio system, security access systems, and audio video equipment.
- Support Electric and Irrigaiton SCADA communications
- Review and revise Operating Bulletins associated with the compliance of NERC/CIP standards
- Requisition and maintain adequate replacement parts, materials and supplies
- Make decisions regarding the need for external repair
- Assist in proposal writing and bid evaluation for communication and test equipment
- Provide technical support to Operations Technicians
- Participate in planning, evaluating and implementation of voice and communications network
- Coordinate and interact with outside companies, vendors, utilities and other government agencies
- Interview, select, train and evaluate operations staff.
Other duties as assigned Typical Qualifications:
Any combination of education, experience, knowledge and abilities may satisfy the necessary minimum qualifications. A typical way to obtain the education, experience, knowledge and abilities would be:Education:
Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with a degree in computer technology or other related field.Experience:
Seven (7) years experience in working with communications equipment, procedures and line protocols.Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of communications equipment, procedures and line protocols; interaction between microcomputers and servers; local area network, communication equipment and general electronics.
- Ability to plan equipment installation and schedule necessary maintenance to ensure network reliability; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; principles of effective supervision.
Special Requirement: Possession of a CA Class C drivers license. Residency:
Residence within a 35-mile radius of the District's Downtown Office (1231 11th Street, Modesto, CA) must be established within six (6) months of appointment to this position and maintained thereafter. Supplemental Information:
Qualified applicants must submit a completed District application. Application screening will begin on or afterFriday, February 21, 2020.
Applications received after this date are not guaranteed consideration.
Applications will be reviewed on a comparative basis and only those most qualified will be invited to continue in the selection process, which will consist of an overall assessment of the individual's skills through (1) oral interview; and (2) contacting of references to include current and former supervisors. The applicant must perform successfully in each phase of the recruitment in order to continue in the selection process.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact Human Resources at(209) 526-7341. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD.
The Modesto Irrigation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE VERIFICATION OF HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR GED AND APPLICABLE HIGHER EDUCATION DEGREE, PASS A MEDICAL EXAM INCLUDING A DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREEN, AND A COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECK PRIOR TO BEGINNING WORK. INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE