About the PositionTHE POSITION
CPS HR Consulting seeks an experienced HR Specialist in the area of Organizational Strategy to perform professional level project and training work in employee engagement, workload management, needs assessing, succession/workforce planning, performance, and change management. This is an intermittent on call as needed, project-based position. Work involves over-encompassing HR activities for public sector agencies related to state, county, city, special districts, and non-profit organizations. Ideal candidates apply theoretical and practical human resources knowledge to prevent, identify, service, and solve HR challenges through organizational strategy. Telework and Remote opportunities are available, and travel may be an option.WHAT'S THE JOB ABOUT?
CPS HR conducts comprehensive organizational and/or departmental assessments. This is accomplished by gathering data and soliciting staff input to create an accurate picture of the "as is" working environment. We work with our clients to design a recommended future "to be" structure and perform a gap analysis to guide them toward their goals.
This may involve both internal and external "customers" and stakeholders of the organization, process mapping, gathering and developing operational metrics, best practices studies, developing an implementation plan and other activities as appropriate. We may also offer change management and implementation assistance to help the client implement new organization and business process models.
We are looking for highly motivated, dependable, and experienced Human Resources professionals who are passionate about providing HR support to public agencies through comprehensive needs assessments and organizational strategy.Ideal CandidateAs a HR Project Consultant, you will:
Preferred HR Experience
- Facilitate and present HR content to subject matter experts and high-level government professionals to provide services and best practices.
- Work with project teams to identify needs and deliver HR services.
- Provide technical consultation to internal and external clients.
- Build trust and relationships with client representatives including executives, boards, councils, and commission members.
- Plan and carry out HR best practice methodologies with high integrity, ethical conduct, and legal compliance.
- Use diplomacy and tact when discussing concerns and contribute to problem solving conversations around client project needs.
- Provide technical expertise, and develop methodologies, processes, procedures, services, and strategies to address client needs.
- Effectively communicate using active listening skills, verbal and written techniques, and technology.
- Plan, conduct, and supervise projects involving complex technical and administrative issues and apply specialized knowledge.
- May plan, organize, oversee, supervise, and evaluate the work of a project team or support staff.
- May assist in providing content for proposals, estimating hours needed, and providing input for project approach.
- May add value to position by providing leads for request for proposals (RFPs) and leveraging network to identify needs for HR services.
- Employee Engagement
- State Service / Government HR Experience
- Project Management Experience
- Workload Management
- Organizational Assessment and Development
- Workforce/Succession Planning
- Performance/Change Management
- Lean Process Improvement
Public Agency: 1 year (Preferred)
Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)Education:
Bachelor's (Preferred)Supplemental InformationTHE ORGANIZATION
CPS HR is a self-supporting public agency providing a full range of human resource services to the public and nonprofit sectors. We have unique expertise in delivering strategic HR management and consulting services to government agencies throughout North America. We assist organizations in the strategic delivery of services across the talent management continuum including recruitment, selection, development, and retention of employees. It is our value-based, integrated approach to strategic HR that catapults us above the rest as we strive to balance commitment to clients, employees, and the organization.
Headquartered in Sacramento, California, CPS HR has offices in Littleton, Colorado and Austin, Texas. Our 120+ full-time employees and 200+ project consultants serve more than 1,200 public and nonprofit clients throughout the United States and Canada.Our Vision
Enabling people to realize the promise of the public sectorOur Mission
Promoting HR excellence in the public sector
Our Guiding Values
Care for our customers Care for each other Care for the organization
For more information, contact William Pitts at 916-471-3333
Closing Date/Time: Continuous