Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in a field related to the job plus three (3) years of experience in a field related to the job, one (1) year of which was in a lead, supervisory, project or program management capacity.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
- Valid Texas Class C Driver License.
The purpose of this position is to manage the Long Term Affordability and Community Land Trust Program for the Austin Housing Finance Corporation.
Duties will include:
• Providing program information, including pricing, income eligibility requirements and resale restriction information to potential homebuyers, housing counselors, key nonprofit partners, mortgage lenders, developers and other parties involved in implementing, marketing and promoting the program.
• Completing income-qualification, applying preferences, implementing buyer selection processes, and coordinating with homebuyers and/or developers to ensure buyers are qualified and prepared to contract for LTA or CLT units.
• Stewarding the portfolio of existing LTA and CLT homeowners, communicating with homeowners to support compliance with legal documents, providing timely responses to requests for approvals and supporting monitoring staff as appropriate.
• Managing unit sales and resales, supporting homeowners from the point they notify the program of their intent to sell, calculating formula resale prices, considering whether the program will exercise its option to purchase units, and supporting the homeowner through the sales process.
• Recording, updating and managing data related to the program, tracking units, homebuyer information, homebuyer requests, monitoring processes, and ensuring compliance or enforcement.
This position requires a Valid Texas Class C Driver License or the ability to acquire one by your hire date.
External New Hires must meet the City of Austin's Driver Record Evaluation ( DRE )
requisite.To be considered for a driving position, applicants cannot have more than three moving violations or a total of six Driver Record Evaluation points within a period of thirty-six (36) months.
NOTE : To be considered, you must be thorough in completing the employment application and list all work experience relevant to the minimum and preferred qualification for this position. Phrases like "See Resume" within your online application will be considered incomplete. The information provided in your resume must match the information in the job application.
The candidate selected for this position will be required to submit a list of references and proof of education. If you are a veteran and is hired for the first time with the City of Austin, you will be required to provide a copy of your DD214.Pay Range
$27.88 - $36.25Hours
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and be available to work after hours when business needs require.Job Close Date
04/03/2020 Type of Posting Department
Neighb Housing & Community Dev Regular/Temporary
Regular Grant Funded or Pooled Position
Not Applicable Category
1000 E 11th Street, Austin, TX 78702 Preferred Qualifications
• Experience managing a CLT or shared equity program
• Verbal, written and presentation skills and experience
• Experience acquiring and selling residential properties
• Salesforce or database management experienceDuties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Determines program goals, objectives and resource requirements.
2. Establishes program standards, methods, policies and procedures
3. Coordinates and collaborates with stakeholders
4. Monitors and evaluate programs effectiveness and implements improvement strategies
5. Manages the budget of assigned program and associated projects and provides financial information
6 Assists in developing, managing and submitting proposed budget forecast information
7. Manages, coordinates, implements and monitors projects associated with assigned program
8. Interacts with internal and external customers
9. Investigates and responds to inquiries from the public and other departments
10. Provides technical advice and assistance to department management, city management, field personnel, contractors, etc
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- May be responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for discharge.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Knowledge of principles and practices associated with assigned program area(s).
• Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation and monitoring.
• Knowledge of management principles related to municipal project and program activities.
• Knowledge of city practice, policy, and procedure.
• Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and principles.
• Skill in oral and written communications.
• Skill in planning, coordinating, and implementing programs and activities.
• Skill in interpreting, organizing, coordinating, and executing assignments, projects and programs.
• Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
• Skill in using computers and related software applications.
• Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
• Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
• Ability to establish and maintaining good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
• Ability to exercise good judgment, tact and diplomacy in all dealings and maintain confidentiality as required.Criminal Background Investigation
This position does not require a Criminal Background Investigation EEO/ADA
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
The City of Austin will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation. In addition, the City will not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of an individual's AIDS , AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; nor will the City discriminate against individuals who are perceived to be at risk of HIV infection, or who associate with individuals who are believed to be at risk.Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within
the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Have you graduated with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in a field related to the job plus three (3) years of experience in a field related to the job, one (1) year of which was in a lead, supervisory, project or program management capacity. Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum substitution of four (4) years
* This position requires a valid Texas Class C Driver License. Do you have a valid Texas Class C Driver License or, if selected for this position, do you have the ability to acquire a valid Texas Class C Driver License by your hire date?
* The City of Austin Driver Eligibility Standards require that External New Hires meet the City's Driver Record Evaluation (DRE) requisite. To be considered for a driving position, applicants cannot have more than three moving violations or a total of six Driver Record Evaluation points within a period of thirty-six (36) months. Do you meet this requirement?
* Describe your experience managing a Community Land Trust or Shared Equity Program.
(Open Ended Question)
* Describe your experience creating and delivering presentations.
(Open Ended Question)
* Describe your experience acquiring and selling residential properties.
(Open Ended Question)
* Describe your experience with Salesforce or other database management systems.
(Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Cover Letter Resume Optional Documents