Description and Essential Functions
Connected by amazing employees *Pay currently under review*Open until the needs of the City have been met. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.First review of application will be March15th,
Second review of applicationswill be March29th & third review of applications will be April12th if needed to fill vacancies.MUST BE ABLE TO WORK A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE, INCLUDING WEEKENDS, EVENINGS, HOLIDAYS AND SPLIT SHIFTS. Due to the nature of seasonal employment, incumbent MUST be available full-time from mid-June through August, without vacation leave. These are seasonal, part-time, and non-benefited positions.
The City of Murrieta is accepting applications for the position of Lifeguard/WSI (Part Time) to fillsixteen (16) current vacancies. The ideal candidate will be committed to providing exceptional customer service, upholding the public interest, and being a part of the community vision.The eligibility list established may be used to fill the current and/or upcoming vacancies within this classification for up to one (1) year.DEFINITION
This position works under the direction of the Recreation Coordinator to enforce established rules and regulations governing the conduct of the patrons at the pool and to ensure the safety of participants at all times.This position teaches swim classes for all levels; maintains and completes all instructional records for the Red Cross and participants; enforce established rules and regulations governing the conduct of the patrons at the pool and to ensure the safety of participants at all times. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Minimum QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Perform water rescues as necessary.
- Administer first aid
- Perform basic maintenance of the pool and the deck, including testing of chemicals, vacuuming pool, and sweeping deck
- Collect pool fees.
- Complete dailyreports.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Perform related duties as required.
Previous lifeguard experience with a public or private agency is desirable. Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age and have the ability to obtain and maintain a valid work permit.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE, INCLUDING WEEKENDS, EVENINGS, HOLIDAYS AND SPLIT SHIFTS. Due to the nature of seasonal employment, incumbent MUST be available full-time from mid-June through August, without vacation leave.LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Certificates MUST be current, with copies of the front and back attached to application materials for consideration. LIFEGUARD/WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR:
LIFEGUARD SKILLS TESTING
- CPR for Professional Rescuer certificate or Healthcare Provider certificate
- Basic First Aid certificate
- Lifeguard Training Certificate
- Water Safety Instructor (W.S.I.) certificate (Lifeguard WSI positions)
(Testing scheduled for the week beginningMarch 28th for 1st round of applicants; Additional testing will be scheduled for 2nd & 3rd round applicants if necessary)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Physical Demands and Environmental ConditionsKNOWLEDGE OF
- 100 Yard Swim
- Retrieval of10lbweight
- Demonstrate skills needed for an active victim rescue
- Demonstrate skills needed for a passive victim rescue
- Demonstrate skills needed to perform CPR
- Water safety, lifesaving and first aid techniques.
- Basic pool maintenance procedures.
Supplemental InformationAPPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Work tactfully and courteously with the general public.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Perform lifesaving and first aid tasks.
- Make change and otherwise handle money.
- Work varying hours including evenings, weekends, holidays, and split shifts.
- Perform other related duties as required.
A City application form must be submitted online. Applicants can apply online at www.murrietaca.gov .SELECTION PROCESS
Candidates must clearly demonstrate through their application materials that they meet the employment standards outlined above. All properly completed applications will be reviewed, and the most appropriately qualified individuals will be invited to continue in the selection process. Examinations for the position may consist of any combination of appraisal interview and performance test to evaluate the applicant's skill, training, and experience for the position. Successful applicants will be placed on an eligibility list. The City may also merge lists. The selected candidate(s) must successfully complete pre-employment clearances which may include a physical, drug screen, and fingerprinting.COMMUNITY
The City of Murrieta, located in southwest Riverside County, was incorporated under the general laws of the State of California on July 1, 1991 and currently supports a population of approximately 114,000 residents. While offering affordable housing and high quality schools, the City represents a blend of dynamic growth amid the traditional values of a historic rural community dating back to the 1890's. Every resident and employee of the City has the opportunity to be an integral part in shaping the Murrieta of today, and, more important, the Murrieta of tomorrow.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous