The employee in this position will be responsible for performing semi-skilled manual work in various Streets departments. Duties are routine requiring some independent judgment in making minor decisions. Employee will be responsible for assisting the sealing crack crew with various tasks, shoveling asphalt, flagging, cutting weeds and driving six (6) wheel dump trucks primarily for the asphalt crew when needed. Employee may have contact with other than immediate associates and the public. Duties are very heavy in nature requiring considerable physical activity, and are performed under hazardous or adverse weather conditions.BEHAVIORAL STANDARDS
Respectful, courteous, and friendly to customers, other City employees, and City leadership. A team player that helps the organization meet its objectives. Takes initiative to meet work objectives. Effectively communicates with customers and other City employees. Gets along with co-workers and managers. Positively represents the City, maintaining the trust City residents have placed in each of us. Demonstrates honest and ethical behaviors.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Possession of a Class "B" Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with air brake endorsement required for some positions. Candidates without CDL or endorsement are also encouraged to apply
Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to see, with or without corrective lenses, well enough to read standard print.
- Ability to speak with sufficient volume to be heard and understood over loud noise.
- Ability to hear, with or without a hearing aid, well enough to converse in person or on the telephone, and to hear a two-way radio conversation.
- Enough sense of smell to detect equipment damage.
- Enough manual dexterity to operate tools and equipment.
- Enough body mobility to climb, crawl, walk and kneel.
- Enough stamina for heavy and awkward lifting, sustained walking and standing for up to four hours at a time with only one fifteen minute break.
- Enough strength to lift and carry heavy objects weighing up to 100 lbs.