Recruitment Number VA1310
Posting Period Open Until Filled (Review of Applications will begin 03/12/20. Applications received after that date may be considered.)
On Campus Only Promotional Opportunity No
Working Title ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN (Accounting Technician III)
Class Title ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN III
Salary Range (From $ to $) $3,426 - $6,198 per month / $41,112 - $74,376 annually (New employees should anticipate being hired at the beginning of the salary range)
Department University Housing
Number of Positions 1
FLSA Code Non-Exempt
Status Regular: Permanent (after one-year probationary period)
Full-time/part-time (if part-time, indicate time base) Full-time
Pay Plan 12/12
CBU/MOU R07 - CSUEU Clerical & Administrative Support Services
Quick Link http://jobs.csuchico.edu/postings/6119
Hours Per Day 8 hours during the school year / 10 hours during the summer
Days Per Week 5 days during the school year / 4 days during the summer
Primary Duties Working independently, under general supervision of the Associate Director of University Housing-Administration, this position is provides primary support for all financial transactions including; Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP), payroll, budgeting, financial analysis and departmental procedure process-mapping for University Housing (UH). This position maintains all student account activities in relation to housing charges, credits, and refunds which are incorporated in the University's PeopleSoft CMS applications. This position also coordinates all staff and student employment and payroll activities with supervisors and area managers, and serves as the liaison between UH and other on-campus and off-campus departments such as Student Financial Services, Accounting Operations, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Student Employment Services, utilities companies and property management companies, etc.
University Housing (UH) is a large, complex department consisting of approximately 53 employees working various shifts and providing diverse administrative, operational, and programming services.
For a full description of job duties, please visit: https://csuchico.box.com/v/VA1310-Position-Description
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Incumbent must possess:
• Comprehensive knowledge of financial record-keeping, mathematical and general office methods, procedures and practices.
• Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Incumbent must have the ability to:
• Review financial documents for accuracy, completeness, validity, and adherence to standards.
• Compute and post numbers rapidly and accurately.
• Maintain files and records.
• Identify, trace, and correct errors.
• Follow directions.
• Interpret and apply written rules and regulations.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Exercise tact, courtesy, alertness, and good judgment in responding to others.
• Use current computer word processing and spreadsheet software programs, web browsers, query tools, integrated financial systems and/or other types of records management systems, such as student accounting, cashing and student financial aid.
• Read and write English at a level appropriate to the position.
• Apply accounting procedures and practices to the analysis of basic accounting problems.
• Analyze and interpret accounting data.
• Apply problem solving techniques in finding solutions to basic accounting problems.
• Understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Work independently and follow directions.
• Make sound decisions and recommendation regarding accounting activities.
• Interpret and apply a wide variety of written rules and regulations.
• Maintain accounting records for funds, programs, or activities involving multiple transactions.
• Compile, verify, and reconcile financial data.
• Investigate and resolve errors and discrepancies.
• Read and interpret computer-generated reports.
• Perform assigned duties.
Required Education and/or Experience Equivalent to four years of progressively responsible financial record-keeping experience which has provided the above knowledge and abilities.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities.
Additional Requirements for this Position N/A
Recruitment Preferences Preference may be given to applicants with the following as they may be considered specialized skills:
• Two years demonstrated experience using a computerized financial system.
• Experience utilizing query tools and managing large data sets.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business.
• Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Four years of experience with fiscal administration and procedures and Familiarity with governmental (university, junior college, school district, State, City or County agency) financial record-keeping methods.
• California State University, Chico, in accordance with CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a background check (including a criminal records check, sexual offender registry check, and/or fingerprinting) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive. This position is considered a sensitive position based on CSU guidelines. Incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of Level 1 data, sometimes also referred to as Level 1 protected data. This is confidential information that is in most cases protected by statutes, regulations, or other legal mandates.
• The duties of this position will include participation in a decision that may have a material/financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, this is a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code and the incumbent will be required to file a Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest and is subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. (Group/Category: Procurement Card Holder, 2) Note this designation is applicable only if Procurement Card is issued.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. This position alternates between remaining in a stationary position operating a personal computer for long periods of time and frequently moving about inside the office. Must be able to travel across campus to other offices and buildings on campus for meetings and events.
Work is performed in a typical office environment operating standard office equipment.
This position qualifies for benefits including tuition fee waiver (if eligible).
CSU, Chico offers a number of benefits to its employees (e.g., sick leave, vacation, health insurance). Eligibility for standard CSU benefits is based on an appointment of half-time or more for a period exceeding six months. Employees appointed less than half-time or less than six months are not eligible for standard CSU benefits but do receive prorated sick leave and vacation.
Eligibility for Affordable Care Act (ACA) benefits is based on an appointment of at least three-quarter time, hired to work a minimum of 130 hours per month over the course of the appointment or works an average of 130 hours or more per month during the measurement period. The ACA guidelines provide for health coverage or FlexCash only. ACA does not provide dental or vision plan coverage.
About the University and Community
Detailed information is available at https://www.csuchico.edu/about/. As a university that educates students of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds, we value a diverse faculty and staff. CSU, Chico welcomes applicants who are knowledgeable about and interested in working within a cross-cultural learning environment. We also welcome those who share a passion and commitment to the University's 6th Strategic Priority that focuses on sustainability, stewardship, and the environment - see http://www.csuchico.edu/sustainability/index.shtml.
California State University, Chico is committed to achieving excellence through diversity in the classroom and the workplace. It strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students, faculty, and staff.
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
Open Date (posting open date) 02/27/2020
Close Date (posting close date)
Open Until Filled Yes
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled