SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $4,693.00/month to $6,591.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
The finance area consists of budget services, purchasing, accounts payable, property, accounting, cashiering, student finance and accounts receivable. These departments report to three managers, the director of university budget services, the university controller and the director of procurement services. These managers report to the associate vice president for finance.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position has primary responsibility for monitoring budgets and expenditures for divisions, departments, programs, self-support, and some central programs. This requires knowledge and understanding of all relevant policies and procedures regarding these funds/areas. Employee must meet regularly with department and staff responsible for the departments and funds they are responsible for. Incumbent is also responsible for all aspects of the budgetary process as it relates to assigned areas. This position requires excellent analytical skills and the ability to work independently.
This position is responsible for various administrative budget processes: budget transfers, cpo's, allocation orders, budget office website, and assist with uploading delegation of authority forms.
MAINTAIN AND MONITOR BUDGETS AND EXPENDITURES FOR ASSIGNED PROGRAMS, DIVISIONS, AND DEPARTMENTS AND CENTRAL
* Monitor budgets and expenditures for assigned programs and funds
* Project and analyze revenue and expenditures.
* Develop and post budgets for funds after VP approval
* Closely monitor expenditures vs revenue throughout year.
* Meet regularly with appropriate department & fund managers to review budgets and expenditures and to resolve problems.
* Provide periodic status reports with emphasis on ye balances.
* Make recommendations for necessary changes.
* Attend meetings related to divisions/funds as needed.
* Provide full scope of financial support to employees who work with and manage the divisions/funds.
* Be thoroughly familiar with all relevant policies & procedures.
* Contact various department/fund managers regarding cash deficits and projected deficits.
PROVIDE BUDGET PLANNING AND ANALYSIS REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
* Perform budget analysis which requires interpreting complex data and information.
* Present and communicate analysis findings in a clear and concise manner.
* Provide budget comparisons within the university and throughout the csu.
* Create budget presentations and make budget recommendations.
* Assist with campus fee reporting and student fee analysis.
MAINTAIN AND COMPLETE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS ANALYSIS
* Perform compensation projection and analysis for university compensation increase allocations.
* Verify department & chart field information for all compensation increase allocations.
* Allocate compensation increase funding to divisions and departments.
* Prepare final compensation analysis.
* Complete benefits projections for campus.
* Ensure all benefits allocations are properly allocated to departments on a monthly basis.
* Complete benefits analysis by bargaining unit on an annual basis.
ADMINISTRATIVE BUDGET PROCESSES
* Process all budget transfers received from the campus community.
* Process all cpo's, swat's, and allocation orders from the co to the university.
* Coordinate with accounting and the campus community to verify chart fields for all cpo's, swats and allocation orders.
* Assist with maintaining operating fund delegation of authority forms.
* Maintain budget office website.
* Coordinate budget office training's.
* Update all budget procedures and policies.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
* Program leadership and working knowledge of and ability to apply expertise to financial, budget and account management functions applicable to assigned programs.
* Thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to assigned programs.
* Accountable for own work results which are reviewed for soundness of judgment.
* Considerable judgment and discretion reflective of a thorough knowledge of a professional administrative specialty and/or program and/or policy areas needs to be exercised. Policies and practices referenced for guidance.
* Perform budget analysis work required to administer the CSU budgetary program and assist in providing consultative budget service to campus constituents.
* Expertise in anticipating, analyzing and defining problem areas, perform preliminary analyses and make appropriate recommendations; write clear and concise analytical comments.
* Ability to prepare related reports and correspondence for higher level review; document and maintain business processes, standards and procedures.
* Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction.
* Ability to conduct extensive financial data compilation and query and drill on large volumes of data.
* Demonstrated consultative skills and ability to effectively interpret organize and present information and ideas in written or presentation form.
* Ability to work with representatives from public and private entities and handle potentially sensitive situations. Demonstrated consultative skills in working with internal and external constituent groups.
Requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Equivalent to two years of progressively responsible administrative and analytical work in support of a highly complex organization or projects.
* Equivalent to a bachelor's degree with a major in accounting, business administration, finance or a closely related field OR a combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities.
* Institution/Enterprise level budget or financial experience at a university or public agency; general understanding of State of California and California State University budgeting and financial practices; experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft administrative systems, enterprise reporting systems, and web-based budgeting and planning solutions.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled