The JobMake a Difference in Delivering Health and Wellness to Millions of County Residents
The Department of Behavioral Health
is recruiting for Licensed Psychologists*
. Licensed Psychologists*
work in a variety of programs providing rehabilitative mental health/substance abuse services in clinical, institutional, and community setting to adults and children with severe mental or emotional disorders. Licensed Psychologists also provideclinical supervision and/or psychological testing supervision for interns and/or staff obtaining hours towards licensure; and select, administer, score, and interpret a wide variety of objective and projective tests, including intelligence, personality, aptitude, and achievement tests for the purpose of diagnosis and treatment of mentally ill and emotionally disturbed clients. Applicants willing to work in forensics, criminal justice, and after-hours positions are encouraged to apply, as well as those seeking traditional schedules. Immediate vacancies exist in the Department of Behavioral Health in the CYCS (Children, Youth, and Collaborative Services) program.
The resulting eligible list may be used to fill immediate and future vacancies throughout the County as they occur, including any vacancies in the psychiatric unit of the Arrowhead Regional Medical Center (ARMC).Children and Youth Collaborative Services (CYCS)
is a clinical program which provides screening, assessment, treatment, case management, support and recovery-based services to children, youth, and families requiring intensive services.Many of these children and youth are involved in multiple systems-Child Welfare, Probation, Inland Regional Center, or Educational Services- necessitating extensive and ongoing collaboration.*Official Title:
Clinical Therapist I - Psychologist. Human Resources is also accepting applications for
Pre-Licensed Psychologist. A separate application is required for each recruitment. It is to your advantage to submit separate applications, as appropriate.THE COUNTY OFFERS TWO LUCRATIVE BENEFIT OPTIONS CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT Background Check:
An extensive background check will include credit check, fingerprint/DOJ LiveScan, and DMV check. Must be a U.S. Citizen or be a permanent U.S. resident. Medical exam will also include drug and TB test.Shifts:
Some programs offer 24-hour services; some assignments may require employees to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and on-call.Travel:
Travel throughout the County may be required depending on assignment. Employees will be required to make provision for transportation. At the time of hire, a valid California driver license and proof of automobile liability insurance must be produced for the individual providing the transportation.Differential:
Clinical therapists regularly assigned to work night/overnight hours, in detention facilities, or in the Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit at ARMC receive additional compensation. Indicate your interest and availability for these positions on the Supplemental Questionnaire.Applicants from out of state:
Therefore, if you do not possess a California license as described above, please apply for the pre-licensed position, and not the licensed position. They are two different recruitments. Minimum RequirementsLicense
- Who possess Ph.D./Psy.D. degrees, are not licensed in California, and who have not completed the requirements for California licensure, must be eligible for waiver of licensure under State laws and regulations and obtain the required Mental Health waiver prior to the commencement of employment. Pre-licensed Psychologists must become licensed by the State of California within five (5) years of the original waiver or be terminated.
- The State Department of Mental Health may grant a waiver for those licensed-ready according to the Board ofPsychology criteria, for up to three (3) years. See State Waiver Request Form. Applicants must have sufficient experience to gain admission to a licensing examination so that registration with the BOP is not required. Offers of employment are contingent on the applicant's ability to obtain waiver and obtain licensure within three (3) years of the date of the waiver. At the interview, all pre-licensed applicants will sign a Statement of Awareness of the Requirement to Obtain Licensure for Continued Employment.
: Must be licensed in the State of California as aPsychologist. Indicate license number and expiration date on the Supplemental Questionnaire. A copy of license is required upon appointment.Desired Qualifications
Applicants fluent in American Sign Language,Arabic, Korean, Mandarin, Spanish and/or Vietnamese are strongly encouraged to apply.Additional compensation is associated with positions requiring the use of bilingual skills. Testing of bilingual skills may be required to receive additional compensation.
Experience in one or more ofthe following areas is highly desirable, however, not required:
- Government or private inpatient, psychiatric hospital or behavioral health clinics/programs/contract agencies, serving persistently mentally ill clients.
- Providing child/adolescent and family therapy.
- Crisis intervention/brief therapy setting with severely mentally ill adults/children.
- Quality assurance or utilization review activities.
- Managed care or insurance plans, such as, but not limited to, Kaiser, Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) or Molina Healthcare.
- Performing clinical screening/assessment duties in a call center environment, including screening and resource referrals to care.
- Grievances, beneficiary rights and consumer complaints investigations and resolution.
- Intensive care coordination with physical health care providers for severely persistently mentally ill clients.
- Case management for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Coordinating care for individuals with co-occurring substance disorders.
- Transitional care coordination between inpatient and outpatient levels of care for medical complexity or severely persistently mentally ill adults and children.
- Working with incarcerated individuals in correctional settings, such as institutions/locked detention facilities or with probationers/offenders recently released from a correctional setting.
There will be acompetitive evaluation
of qualifications based on a review of the Application and Supplemental Questionnaire. It is to your advantage to be explicit in your responses on the Application and Supplemental Questionnaire. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application and/or supplemental questionnaires.
To ensure timely andsuccessfulsubmission of your onlineapplication, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automaticallylogged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfullysubmitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you requiretechnical assistance
, please click HERE to review theGovernmentJobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-FreeApplicant Support line at (855) 524-5627.Please notethat Human Resources is notresponsiblefor any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application. Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process .
Closing Date/Time: Continuous