Salary: $115,668.80 - $151,736.00 Annually USD
The Principal Engineer-Capital Projects, under the general direction of the Engineering Manager, will perform complex professional engineering duties in the management of the District's Capital Improvement Program. This includes planning, design, construction and commissioning of water and wastewater capital improvement projects, ensuring work quality and adherence to professional engineering standards and responding to questions and inquiries from the general public, developers, contractors and other engineering professionals.
• Within 1 month, become familiar with major aspects of the operations of the Capital Projects Department, the Engineering Division, including organizational structure, workforce, and facilities.
• Within 3 months, review the Capital Improvement Program and demonstrate understanding of project priority, budget and funding constraints, and resource requirements.
• Within 6 months, proficiently prepare the appropriate RFPs and IFBs for her/his assigned projects.
• Within 9 months, demonstrate the ability to properly manage project budgets and hold consultants accountable to project scope, budget, and schedule.
• Within 12 months, review, formalize, and implements the project planning process as it relates to the next 2 year budget cycle and engage the appropriate stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
• Is an innovative, forward-thinking individual who will not only be able to envision the most appropriate and effective path for the department, but will effectively motivate staff and provide clear direction to implement the necessary steps to effect change.
• Can provide clear direction and strategic planning for the organization which will encourage improvements.
• Will utilize professional judgment and expertise as a manager as well as effective communication across a wide range of audiences.
• Is a successful leader who is capable of organizing employees to effectively accomplish organizational goals while managing and improving processes.
• Is skilled in effective management principles and practices such as goal setting, program development, training, supervision, evaluation and mentoring of staff.
• Someone who is positive, approachable, and dedicated to excellence while challenging and empowering staff.
• Will be proactive and solution-oriented in addressing challenges and opportunities.
• Will act with integrity and in accordance with the accepted ethical standards of the District.
• Possesses the ability to effectively and proactively manage programs and maintain accountability, productivity, and consistency.
• Interacts in a professional manner with consultants, contractors, outside agencies, WESA staff, executives, and Board of Directors, and others contacted in the course of work.
• Possesses an education equivalent to a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in civil or environmental engineering. A Master's Degree is highly desirable.
• Possesses a minimum of 6 years of responsible experience as a Professional Engineer that includes water and wastewater planning, water and sewer utility engineering design and construction and project management experience.
• Possesses at least 3 years experience managing engineers and designers, including evaluation of their performance.
• Possesses a valid Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in the State of California.
• Possesses an appropriate, valid Class C California driver's license.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, submit your resume to Jaime Huffman in the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled. First review of submittals will begin after Monday, April 13, 2020, so please submit your resume promptly for consideration.
Lake Elsinore, California