SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $4,693.00/month to $6,591.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Director of Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Business Analyst is responsible for providing overall support for the PeopleSoft Financial Aid Module. The incumbent works to increase productivity through improving automated practices and boosting system efficiency.
Ensures consistent and accurate use of system functionalities. Provides ongoing assessment of complex issues and works to improve functionality of the Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Business Analysts is responsible for reviewing, developing, and providing technical support for business operations.
* Utilize the Peoplesoft System to generate export files for the Federal Pell Grant and Federal Direct Loan programs.
* Import Federal ISIR Data, Federal Pell Grant, and Federal Direct Loan files into the PeopleSoft System on a daily basis.
* Import Federal ISIR Data into the Campuslogic platform.
* Serve as backup support for Cal ISIR loading into both the PeopleSoft and Campuslogic system.
* Send and receive files to/from the US Department of Education's Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) system and the California Student Aid Commission's (CSAC) Webgrants.
* Resolve COD origination and disbursement errors for the Federal Pell Grant and Direct Loan programs.
* Manage student's to-do list tasks within the Campuslogic platform, which includes mass assigning documents to student financial aid records.
* Collaborate with Information Technology Staff to monitor documents imports from the Campuslogic platform into the OnBase document imaging system.
* Upload copies of the federal and Cal Grant record files to data Chancellor's Office via SSH Secure File Transfer.
* Help the Assistant Director of Financial Aid Operations to set funding budget limits within the PeopleSoft system.
System support and maintenance
* Assist in accurately configuring and maintaining run controls for Financial Aid manual processes and batch automated jobs for the weekly production schedule.
* Participate in formulating and defining functional and technical project requirements, scope and objectives.
* Make system recommendations and participate in setting system priorities and project planning.
* Help create user manuals and train users on the usage of applications.
* Troubleshoot and respond to issues reported by internal staff.
* Partner with the Assistant Director of Financial Aid Operations to analyze future software patches and vendor/CSU modifications for impacts on the installed system.
* Collaborate with Associate Director of Financial Aid to ensure all PeopleSoft processes, queries, and programs run on schedule, troubleshoot issues, and support workflows.
* Ensure ongoing configuration maintenance of the Financial Aid PeopleSoft module.
* Participate in conference calls with CSU user groups and attend meetings as needed.
* Act as the primary tester for any new modifications or reports to the Financial Aid Module.
* Attend PeopleSoft trainings and seek out system support resources.
* Help to ensure that all processes and procedures related to PeopleSoft are well documented.
* Serve as liaison to the PeopleSoft project group for upgrades and other ongoing activities.
* Generate and maintain department communication letter templates for 3 C's Module.
* Help to develop and maintain reports required for daily financial aid processing or ad-hoc reporting needs of the department.
Financial Aid Disbursement Processing
* Run processes to repackage financial aid awards to reflect student enrollment at the time of disbursement.
* Help develop and monitor job schedules utilized to process financial aid disbursements on a bi-weekly basis.
* Coordinate with the Student Financials Office to maintain workflows created to identify financial aid refunds that require review before disbursement to the student.
* Analyze data integrity as well as perform reconciliation of disbursement activity against federal and state funds.
* Run monthly process to update earned Federal Work-Study totals within PeopleSoft.
Maintains automated processes within PeopleSoft
* Run routine processes in PeopleSoft (e.g. Satisfactory Academic Progress and communication batches).
* Develop/maintain automated packaging and re-packaging plans.
* Ensure system/student record alignment between Campuslogic and PeopleSoft utilizing the 3 C's Engine functions within PeopleSoft.
Federal, state, and institutional Data Reporting
* Assist with year-end close out activities which involve running year-end reports.
* Help develop reports/queries and maintenance of dashboards for functional staff.
* Perform annual FADB reporting.
* Help develop queries/reporting tools to support FISAP data reporting.
* Maintain monthly reconciliation queries for the Federal Pell and Federal Direct Loan programs using the monthly SAS report.
* Provide data analytics for annual IPEDs reporting.
* Prepare financial data reports and/or analysis for internal department constituents.
Support workflow processes and troubleshoot data discrepancies
* Research, analyze, and document business requirements for projects. Identify, formulate, and define new and ongoing project requirements.
* Collaborate with third party vendors with deploying new technologies.
* Responsible for the development and utilization of data analytics for ongoing assessment of department performance.
* Assist with processing and resolution of data discrepancies.
* Support staff with troubleshooting financial aid functional areas.
* Run standard weekly reports for functional staff.
* Interact with various members of campus including Admissions, Records, Student Financials and Information Technology.
* Attend conferences and trainings held by Alliance (Oracle), CSAC, Federal Student Aid (FSA), National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) and California Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (CASFAA); and other job related organizations.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to work independently, make judgment, decisions and commitments within a team environment
* Excellent facilitation skills
* Ability to influence and gain support of a decision while collaborating with a decentralized customer base
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent presentation skills
* Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and troubleshoot recruiting and admissions
Requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* PeopleSoft experience
* Experience in Higher Education and Financial Aid Administration
* Systems and Technology experience
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled