The Job Priority Application Review Date: March 31, 2020
IMMEDIATE VACANCIES - Apply ASAP for Priority Consideration
(The list established from this recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies) SALARY AND BENEFITS
Our lucrative starting salary and benefits package is valued
Up to $141,506 Annually
Anticipated Annual Salary Increases of 3% through July 2022
Bi-annual step increases of 2.5% up to Step 14
Recruitment and Retention Bonuses: Up to $2,000 total
San Bernardino County HR is transforming into a high-impact operating model that will empower the HR team to function as change agents for County and departmentaloperations. TheHR Business Partners (HRBP)
will be assigned to theEmployee Relations Division
and play a key role as consultants, advisors and innovators alongside County leaders.They will be responsible foraligning business objectives with employees and management in designated county departments and formulating partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the human capital priorities and business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the assigned department's financial position, midrange plans, culture and services.Key responsibilities include:
- Support departments with employeerelations and engagement,strategic workforce planning, policy setting, training anddevelopment, succession planning, mentoring/coaching, and coordinate consistent countywide onboarding.
- Conducts regular meetings and maintain open and effective communications with assigned County departments.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, recruitment and retention strategies, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for County Departments and individual executive coaching needs.
San Bernardino County has a diverse workforce of over 22,000 employees who are represented by eleven employee organizations comprised of26 bargaining units.To learn more about San Bernardino County's Human Resources Department click HERE
Human Resources is also accepting applications for:
- HR Business Partner I (Up to $121,518 annually/includes benefits) -The entry level into the series, it offers aunique training opportunityto HR professionals seeking to advance their careers in the field of employee relations. Upon completion of an up to 18 month training period, successful incumbents are eligible forautomatic promotion toHR Business Partner II
Please click on the link above or visit our jobs page to apply. A separate application is required for each job posting.
* Official Class Title: Human Resources Officer II Minimum RequirementsEducation:
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Science, Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Communications/Marketing or a closely related field.-AND- Experience:
Eighteen (18) months of public sector or24 months of private sector, professional level humanresources experience as an HR business partner and must include responsibilityfor
- Advising/supporting management on a wide range ofhuman resource disciplines, including: Workforce planning, talent acquisition, compensation and employee rewards practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity and inclusion, performance management, and compliance with federal and state respective employment laws. --AND--
- Managing and resolving complex employee/labor relations matterssuch as employeegrievances, investigations, disciplinary actions.
All qualifyingexperience must be obtained within a public sector(i.e., government) agency or a large private sectoremployer with a large, union represented workforce(500+ regular employees).
Applicants with an acceptable combination ofrelevanteducation and qualifying experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities will be considered. Desired Qualifications
Key attributes of theideal candidate
Selection ProcessApplication Procedure :
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- PossessSHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
To receive consideration for this excellent opportunity, please complete and submit the online employment application and supplemental questionnaire. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application and/or the supplemental questionnaire. Priority Application Review Date:
Applications received byMarch 31, 2020
will be included in the first review/processing of applications; subsequent reviews may be conducted as needed to meet business needs. Apply asap as recruitment may close at anytime once a sufficient qualified applications are received.
To ensure timely andsuccessfulsubmission of your onlineapplication, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automaticallylogged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfullysubmitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records.
If you require technical assistance, please click HERE to review theGovernmentJobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-FreeApplicant Support line at (855) 524-5627.Please notethat Human Resources is notresponsiblefor any issues or delays caused bycomputer or browser used to submit the application. Selection Process:
The selection process will consist of a competitive evaluation of qualifications based on the applicationand responses to the supplementalquestions. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the appointing authority for further consideration. Candidates advancing in the selection process will receive further information/instructions via email only. Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process
Closing Date/Time: Continuous