Dean of College of Extended Learning
This position is an Administrator IV in the California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP), reporting to the Provost.
SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
College of Extended Learning (CEL)
Work schedule to be arranged at time of hire.
Anticipated Hiring Range*
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this position lies within the Administrator IV range, and comes with a competitive benefits package. This is a CSU Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position. Under this plan, incumbents are subject to normal management reviews and serve at the pleasure of the university president.
Additional Management Personnel Plan information can be found at the following website: http://www.calstate.edu/HRAdm/policies/mpp.shtml (link is external).
The Dean of the College of Extended Learning is the chief academic, fiscal and administrative officer of the College and reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. The
successful candidate is a person of vision with proven leadership skills to support and advance the University's mission in collaboration with University faculty, staff, and administrators, as well as community and industry partners.
In this position, the Dean will:
- Provide visionary leadership that produces strategic plans, actions, and results;
- Develop and optimize a robust portfolio of academic and workforce development programs that responds to the needs of our local and global communities;
- Partner with University units to design, develop and deliver programs and student support services in a variety of course formats and modalities;
- Oversee sound, ethical and equitable fiscal management and allocation of resources;
- Develop pathways for diverse populations of potential adult learners to access state-side programs; and
- Build and expand strategic external and internal partnerships with community and industry partners to extend the College's reach, impact and relevance.
Key Strategic Priorities
To be successful, the Dean will be expected to address a set of key priorities, including:
- Lead the development of a compelling and distinctive identity for the college, with a forward-focused vision that builds upon the unique values and characteristics of San Francisco;
- Strategically lead the Center for Global Engagement and expand the portfolio of graduate and certificate programs to align with regional and global demand for professional skills and personal enrichment;
- Provide leadership and advocacy to create and achieve strategic, budgetary and enrollment planning goals for the college;
- Develop a robust recruitment pipeline to SF State, by strengthening external partnerships and creating innovative pathways to state-side programs; and
- Develop scholarships and financial assistance programs to ensure greater access to educational opportunities for diverse adult learners who are qualified yet economically disadvantaged.
- Social Justice: Demonstrated interest in administering, building or partnering with programs that serve a diverse student population in support of the University's mission and core values;
- Communication: Evidence of excellent communication, mediation and facilitation skills and the ability to form and maintain productive relationships with academic, industry, community, and global partners;
- Transformative Leadership: Demonstrated ability to lead staff and work collaboratively with University, community and industry partners to achieve a collective vision;
- Administrative Leadership: Progressive levels of responsibility in Higher Education administration in the fields of Extended, Continuing, or Adult Education, with a proven track record of results. Five years of administrative experience as a dean, associate dean, department chair, or comparable position preferred;
- Fiscal Management: Demonstrated expertise in managing a large budget, including strategic oversight and socially responsible stewardship of revenues and resources. Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and policy development;
- Business Development: Demonstrated track record of establishing revenue-generating endeavors with organizations, agencies, industry and other partners.
- Disciplinary Expertise: Demonstrated experience and expertise in Workforce Development, International Education, and Lifelong Learning;
- Online Programs: Demonstrated success in developing and delivering online courses and programs in a variety of formats and modalities. Expertise in accreditation requirements and additional regulations related to online programs preferred; and
- Education: Doctorate, Terminal Degree, or equivalent, from an accredited institution.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work*
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
How To Apply
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY.
Send application letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for a minimum of three references to:
Office of the Provost and VP for Academic Affairs Chair, Search Committee
Dean College of Extended Learning
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Avenue, ADM 455
San Francisco, CA 94132-4111
Or send electronic applications to: email@example.com
This position is open until filled.
Review of applications and nominations will begin on December 4, 2019. Late applications will be accepted and evaluated until the position is filled. The University is an Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and encourages applications from women, members of all ethnic groups, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
San Francisco, California