The JobLicensed Clinical Therapists* (Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Social Worker, and Professional Clinical Counselor)
work in a variety of programs providing rehabilitative mental health/substance abuse services in clinical, institutional field and community settings to adults and children with severe mental or emotional disorders. Applicants willing to work in forensics, criminal justice, and after-hours positions are encouraged to apply, as well as those seeking traditional schedules . Immediate vacancies exist in the Department of Behavioral Health and Aging and Adult Services.
The resulting eligible list may be used to fill immediate and future vacancies throughout the County as they occur, including any vacancies in the psychiatric unit of the Arrowhead Regional Medical Center. *Official title:
Clinical Therapist I .
For more detailed information, refer to the Clinical Therapist I
job description. THE COUNTY OFFERS TWO LUCRATIVE BENEFIT PACKAGES CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT Background Check:
An extensive background check will include credit check, fingerprint/DOJ LiveScan, and DMV check. Must be a U.S. Citizen or be a permanent U.S. resident. Medical exam will also include drug and TB test. Shifts:
Some programs offer 24-hour services; some assignments may require employees to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and on-call. Travel:
Travel throughout the County may be required depending on assignment. Employees will be required to make provision for transportation (mileage reimbursement at current IRS rate is available). At the time of hire, a valid California driver license and proof of automobile liability insurance must be produced for the individual providing the transportation. Differential:
Clinical therapists regularly assigned to work night/overnight hours or in detention facilities receive additional compensation. Indicate your interest and availability for positions assigned to night/overnight or detention facilities on the supplemental questionnaire. Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors:
Applicantswith PCC licensuremust provideproof ofthe required coursework or named specialtyand a copy of supervision agreement/BBS hours verification form (as described in the minimum requirements section)in order for contingent offers to be made.Applicants from out of state:
Therefore, if you do not possess a California license as described above, please apply for the pre-licensed position, and not the licensed position. They are two different recruitments. Minimum RequirementsLicense
- The CADepartment ofHealth Care Servicesrequires applicants who have been recruited from outside of CA as psychologists, clinical social workers, marriage and family therapists or professional clinical counselors and whose experience is sufficient to gain admission to a licensing examination to apply for and obtain aprofessional licensing waiver through the County of San Bernardino if the applicants arelicensed-ready according to the Board of Behavioral Science's criteria. The waiver may not exceedthree (3) years from the date of employment. See State Waiver Request Form. Applicants must have sufficient experience to gain admission to a licensing examination so that registration with the BBS is not required. Offers of employment are contingent on the applicant's ability to obtain waiver and obtain licensure within three (3) years of the date of the waiver. Upon accepting a contingent job offer, all pre-licensed applicants will sign a Statement of Awareness of the Requirement to Obtain Licensure for Continued Employment.
: Must be licensed in the State of California as aMarriage and Family Therapist, Clinical Social Worker, or Professional Clinical Counselor. Applicants must indicate license number and expiration date on the Supplemental Questionnaire. A copy of license is required upon appointment.LPCC Applicants:
Must have completed six (6) semester (9 quarter) units specifically focused on the theory and application of marriage and family therapy OR
a named specialization or emphasis area on the qualifying degree in marriage and family therapy; marital and family therapy; marriage, family, and child counseling; or couple and family therapy. A copy of a transcript showing the required coursework or named specialty should be submitted with the application in order to be considered for the position.-AND-
Five hundred hours or more of documented supervised experience working directly with couples, families or children. A copy of the supervision agreement and the BBS hours verification form should be submitted with the application in order to be considered for this position.Desired Qualifications
Applicants fluent in American Sign Language,Arabic, Korean, Mandarin, Spanish and/or Vietnamese are strongly encouraged to apply.Additional compensation is associated with positions requiring the use of bilingual skills. Testing of bilingual skills may be required to receive additional compensation.
Experience in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable, however, not required:
- Government or private inpatient, psychiatric hospital or behavioral health clinics/programs/contract agencies, serving persistently mentally ill clients.
- Experience providing child/adolescent and family therapy.
- Experience in a crisis intervention/brief therapy setting with severely mentally ill adults/children.
- Experience in quality assurance or utilization review activities.
- Experience with managed care or insurance plans, such as, but not limited to, Kaiser, Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) or Molina Healthcare.
- Experience with performing clinical screening/assessment duties in a call center environment, including screening and resource referrals to care.
- Experience with grievances, beneficiary rights and consumer complaints investigations and resolution.
- Experience with intensive care coordination with physical health care providers for severely persistently mentally ill clients.
- Experience with case management for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Experience with coordinating care for individuals with co-occurring substance disorders.
- Experience in transitional care coordination between inpatient and outpatient levels of care for medical complexity or severely persistently mentally ill adults and children.
- Experience working with detained youth and incarcerated adults in correctional settings, such as institutions/locked detention facilities or with probationers/offenders recently released from a correctional setting.
There will be acompetitive evaluation
of qualifications based on a review of the Application and Supplemental Questionnaire. It is to your advantage to be explicit in your responses on the Application and Supplemental Questionnaire.
This recruitment will remain open on a continuous basis until the needs of the County have been met. This recruitment may close at any time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application and/or supplemental questionnaires.
To ensure timely andsuccessfulsubmission of your onlineapplication, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automaticallylogged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfullysubmitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you requiretechnical assistance
, please click HERE to review theGovernmentJobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-FreeApplicant Support line at (855) 524-5627.Please notethat Human Resources is notresponsiblefor any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application. Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process .
Closing Date/Time: Continuous