SummaryThis position receives $2,335.00 weekend pay for available weekend shifts beginning at 5:00 PM on Friday and ending at 8:00 AM on Monday when working at the Psychiatric Health Facility. Standby pay is also available.
Under general direction, provides clinical assessments and treatment services to alleviate suffering in clients with behavioral health disorders.FLSA: Exempt
Essential Job Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list that follows is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Conducts psychiatric evaluations and assessments of assigned and referred clients.
- Provides client treatment services including evaluating, diagnosing and treating mental disorders, developing treatment plans, and providing crisis intervention.
- Provides clinical direction to clinicians, counselors, and therapists in the treatment of clients.
- Develops treatment plans and counsels clients with psychiatric problems.
- Reviews treatment plans developed by subordinate therapists and makes recommendations for the treatment of patients.
- Maintains files of patients, and prepares related documentation and correspondence.
- Monitors case files of treatment staff and approves client treatment and discharge initiatives.
- Cooperates with other organizational team members to create and administer a comprehensive treatment program.
- Medical Doctor's degree required, and a valid Physician and Surgeon Certificate issued by the State of California Board of Medical Examiners.
- Must possess or be eligible for certification by the American Board of Psychiatry as a Psychiatrist; must remain active with all annual licensing requirements, and maintain a clear criminal record.
- Valid State of California driver's license may be required.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work is performed in an office environment and health clinic.
- Health clinic working conditions involves the potential for high stress levels and exposure to hostile situations; some non-standard work hours are required.
- Must work with a highly manipulative, questionably motivated and clinically challenging client population; must be able to maintain professional composure and clinical effectiveness.