The City of Henderson is seeking enthusiastic team players to provide premier public service in our award-winning Parks & Recreation Department.
Under general supervision, serves as direct on-site supervisor of part-time employees and program participants at the facilities and/or open spaces where Outdoor Recreation programs, activities and events are delivered; provides customer service and assistance to participants, guests, and spectators; enforces rules, and assures programs, events, and services are delivered in a safe and secure manner; and performs related duties as assigned.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description.
Because these positions are available in facilities throughout the City of Henderson, work locations and assignments are subject to change based on program needs.Candidates for this position will be subject to post-offer drug testing (NRS 613(1) (d)).Minimum Qualifications
Required Documents/Assessment InformationDocuments Required at the Time of Application:
- Must be at least 18 years old at the time of application or promotion.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience working in recreation programs, preferably in a sports or outdoor recreation environment.
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered.
- Possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain (and maintain) American Red Cross First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certifications within the first three (3) months of hire.
- Incumbents may be required to obtain specific technical certifications, licenses and registrations.
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental QuestionnaireSelection Process
You will be contacted by email or phone during the application and hiring process. It is your responsibility to check the email and phone number voicemail you provided on your application.
We can't leave you a message if your voicemail is not set up or is full, so please make sure that you set up, check and clear out your voicemail during the application and hiring process.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Employment with the City may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer background investigation, medical/physical examination, and a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.