About Our Job
This is a limited on-call 6-month position.
The City and County of Denver is seeking numerous Emergency Service Workers to assist with various positions as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are looking for individuals who can be committed to a project in Denver Colorado for a period of 6 months.
The following shifts and positions are available:
Shifts coverage is for 7 days per week from either 8-12, 10-2 or 1-5 with varying days. All candidates hired would perform one of the following duties and could be rotated to other posts as needed.
Position 1: Document Viewer (8 per shift) View Driver's license through car window and document information to create label for test kit via laptop. Print label to adhere to test kit envelope and provide labeled envelope to test kit staff.
Position 2: Test Kit Distributor (8 per shift) will give kit to driver, explain how to self-administer the test using the swab in the kit, explain proper placement of swap into vial and place vial in labeled envelope.
Position 3: Runner (3-4 per shift) will pick completed test packet envelopes and drop off at designated point. Runner will also maintain kit supply at each drive-up station.
• Standing or walking for extended periods of time
• Safely donning and doffing personal protective equipment and wearing full personal protective equipment for extended periods of time
• Minimal lifting
• Exposed to weather elements
• Exposed to loud noises
• Visual exposure to nasal swabbingAbout You
The ideal candidate will have:
• Ability to read and speak English proficiently
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to work outside in the elements
• Those who have demonstrated a strong commitment to local stay at home orders and social distancing recommendations within the past 14 days
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
* Education Requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
* Experience Requirement: NoneAbout Everything Else
CJ3272 Emergency Service Worker
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$17.72 - $25.87
Denver Police Department
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here