The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Nutrition Therapist providing support to the Woodward County Health Department. This is an unclassified position (PIN 34002768) in state government, located in Woodward, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package
, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents . For more information about the benefit allowance [ click here
] . The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.Position Description
This position will provide direct and indirect nutrition education and outreach services for the Women, Infant and Children (WIC) program in Beaver, Harper, Texas, Woods and Woodward County Health Departments. Duties include, but are not limited to
• Plan, conduct and promote nutrition education.
• Conduct surveys and studies to assess nutrition problems and to evaluate changes in nutritional status of individuals or groups.
• Provide Women Infant and Children (WIC) certification and recertification services including, measurements, and biochemical tests using standardized procedures.
• Support and assist breastfeeding mothers with problems and solutions.
• Coordinate dietary services in regards to total patient care.
• Participate in the planning for specific programs and health problems in conjunction with other program areas, and signing requests for and ordering dietary supplies. Education and Experience
: Level I
- consist of eligibility for Registration as a Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Level II
- consist of Registration as a Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and Licensure with the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision. This position has a preferred qualification
Bilingual speaker in English and Spanish, with an ability to communicate verbally and in writing with English/Spanish speaking respondents
Applicants who demonstrate they possess the minimum qualifications (education and experience requirements) and the preferred qualification will be given additional consideration during the interview process. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of current dietetics and institutional diet management; of nutrition and its relationship to health; of nutritional values, costs and accounting; of available community resources; and of health requirements and personal hygiene. Ability is required to plan menus for general and special therapeutic diets; to keep necessary records; to establish effective working relationships with others; to present and prepare educational materials; to develop curricula for nutrition education programs and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Knowledge of administrative principles and practices; of modern methods, materials and equipment used in food preparation and service; of conducting and interpreting nutrition surveys; of economic and social trends in nutrition; of program planning and nutrition education techniques. Ability is required to evaluate and judge the quality of food materials and develop menus. Ability to plan and deliver effective education programs and to evaluate results of programs. Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. NOTES REQUIREMENTS:
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted. Conclusion Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous