This position monitors the safety of and provides support to clients in a residential drug and alcohol treatment center during the night shift 11;30pm - 8:00am. Weekend and holiday shifts are also required.Chosen candidates will be required to work at least 50% of monthly weekends. Holidays are rotated.STARTING HOURLY: $11.94 Continuation of employment in this position is contingent upon availability of funding from service, program and agency earnings.APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINE: Submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department, on a going basis, prior to the APPLICATION DEADLINE OF: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2020 or earlier if filled.Duties and ResponsibilitiesDuties include but are not limited to:
Minimum QualificationsMinimum Qualifications/Education:
- Observing patients, listening to their concerns, recording your observations;
- Excellent customer services skills;
- Assisting agency medical and nursing staff;
- Taking patient vital signs;
- Transporting patients to and from various destinations in a 15-person passenger van;
- De-escalating situations;
- Maintaining a safe and secure treatment environment through completion of room and belonging searches, safety inspections, and reporting of safety issues should they arise;
- Role model pro-social attitudes and behaviors to the patient population;
- Assisting patients in maintaining their activities of daily living (eating, hygiene, maintaining a clean living space, etc.);
- Orienting new patients to the treatment milieu;
- Working collegially with the nursing, medial and clinical staffs.
Current SAS and/or experience working in a residential treatment setting preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED;
- Must obtain a Substance Abuse Specialist (SAS) certification within 3 years of hire;
- Will be expected to obtain and maintain CPR certification;
- A valid SC Driver's license;
- Copy of SC DMV 10 year driving record that includes no suspensions during that time;
- Basic computer skills.
Closing Date/Time: 10/30/2020 11:59 PM Eastern