Enrollment Management & Services advances the educational mission of the University by providing leadership for the University's enrollment planning and management efforts. The department is responsible for providing comprehensive services and programs that promote the recruitment, matriculation, financial support, and academic success of students. Specific responsibilities include enrollment management and providing associated services to a variety of stakeholders utilizing the PeopleSoft enterprise system, supplemental software applications, and comprehensive reporting systems which support the enrollment planning process with critical data for student, academic, and financial planning.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Office of Admissions is responsible for engaging the campus in recommendations for measured enrollment growth and the development, implementation and reporting of strategies and practices to meet the University's enrollment goals and compliance with the CSU Chancellor's Office directives. It maintains a close partnership with the colleges and academic departments to achieve annual enrollment targets for incoming students. The Office of Admissions is responsible for all admission practices, guidelines, and processes for all undergraduate, credential, and graduate students. It is charged with meeting the enrollment goals of the University by promoting the image of the University, its programs and uniqueness; admitting students with the potential for academic success; developing relationships with the campus and external constituents; and providing timely, accurate and comprehensive services to students and the campus throughout the admission process. The Office of Admissions is responsible for application processing, eligibility determination, transfer credit evaluation, communication and reporting in compliance with federal, state, CSU system and University requirements. Additionally, it is responsible for the timely and accurate dissemination of information to students, parents, campus constituents, the CSU Chancellor's Office, and the external community.
The Office of Admissions reports directly to the Senior Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and Services within the division of Academic Affairs. The Director provides leadership, strategic direction, and management to the Office of Admissions and oversees the University Test Center services and operations. The Director is responsible for the development, implementation, and effective delivery of comprehensive admissions operations and services for prospective undergraduate, credential, and graduate students. The Director serves as the University's authority on admissions and testing policies and processes including the development of service-oriented policies and procedures that support the University's academic mission and comply with Title 5 of the Calif. Admin. Code, CSU, and university policies and procedures. The Director provides functional solutions to address campus and CSU requirements and goals related to enrollment, impaction, evaluations, and redirection of applications.
The Director manages a budget of approximately $2 million and is responsible for the effective utilization of fiscal and staff resources. The Director oversees 30 professional and administrative staff members and 20-30 students and is the administrator in all matters related to staff supervision, development, and evaluation. The Director provides management oversight for timely and accurate processing of admissions applications, transfer credit review, testing, and the delivery of admissions and testing services and programs that are responsive to the needs of students and the campus. The Director communicates and collaborates with campus constituents and leadership on admission-related and testing-related issues and is responsible for the development and distribution of admission, enrollment and testing reports to the campus community that support planning and assessment.
The Director participates with other campus constituents, including the colleges and academic departments, in developing, implementing, and monitoring an effective enrollment management plan to support the University's enrollment goals and to facilitate access and success for a culturally diverse student population, including first-generation and historically underserved populations. The Director serves as an ambassador for the University, along with being responsible for building and maintaining a positive University image and relationship with the external community instilling the CPP values of inclusion and diversity.
Through the Office of Admissions, the Director provides recommendations for the implementation of related technology applications, system modifications, reports and queries in support of enhanced services and processes. The Director serves on the CSU Baseline Admission Module Admissions Team. The Director will assist in the development and implementation of data systems and analytical tools to support the following: strategic enrollment management, enhanced recruitment and retention strategies, yield management, and forecasting for future enrollment. Under general supervision of the Senior AVP of Enrollment Management and Services, the Director will provide high-level technical expertise in system modifications to support the Admissions processes, communications, and internal data analysis, from creation to implementation to maintenance.
Management and Administration of Admissions Operations
• Direct and oversee the development, implementation and delivery of comprehensive admission and testing services and programs for prospective undergraduate, credential, and graduate students.
• Establish service-oriented policies and procedures in support of the University's academic mission; oversee compliance with Title 5 of the California Administrative Code, CSU and campus policies and procedures.
• Provide management direction and oversight for timely and accurate processing of admission applications, transfer credit review and the delivery of admissions and testing services and programs that are responsive to the needs of students and the campus.
• Provide management direction and oversight of admissions operations and on¬going quality improvement initiatives including the advancement of technology in the delivery of service to students.
• Oversee the collection and analysis of admission and testing data to assess the accomplishment of immediate and long-range objectives.
• Communicate on a timely and consistent basis with campus constituents, including academic colleges and departments and keep the campus informed of admission trends, policies issues and operations.
• Serve on the Enrollment Services Leadership Team to achieve an integrated, student-oriented experience for entering students across departments (e.g., Housing, Financial Aid, Outreach, Orientation Services, Student Accounting, Testing).
• Serve as ambassador for the University with faculty, administrators, community groups and local businesses.
• Build and maintain a positive University image in coordination with other university and CSU Enrollment Services managers.
• Serve as a University's representative in admission and enrollment planning issues to the CSU Chancellor's Office and statewide CSU network of admissions enrollment Directors (DAR); participate in professional association activities.
• Serve as Co-Chair of the University Enrollment Planning Group to achieve measured enrollment growth and recommend and implement campus targets, strategies and yield activities that support the University enrollment goals and the academic master plan.
• Collaborate with other campus constituents in collecting and evaluating enrollment data to support the establishment and attainment of measurable enrollment goals that are in line with the University's academic mission and campus capacity. Monitor and report progress on enrollment goals on a consistent basis.
• Participate with the academic colleges and other campus constituents in developing and implementing effective admission and enrollment strategies.
• Serve on the Enrollment Cluster Senior Management Team to plan and coordinate student-oriented, integrated enrollment services and communication for students and the campus.
Functional and Data Technology and Analytics
• Incorporate technology, data and analytics to manage the University's enrollment numbers comprehensively and successfully for incoming students.
• Provide leadership and develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology applications, system modifications, reports and queries in support of enhanced services and processes offered through the Office of Admissions.
• Assist with development of data systems and analytical tools to support strategic enrollment management, enhance recruitment and retention strategies, yield management, and forecasting for future enrollment.
• Provide comprehensive statistical and data-informed analyses necessary to make sound policy decisions.
University Test Center
• Oversee the campus' comprehensive Test Center to include all CSU and campus-based tests, ALEKS, MDTP, GWT.
• Responsible for the short- and long-term planning of the Test Center utilizing technology to facilitate services and operations.
• Direct and oversee the development and implementation of the Test Center budget.
• Hire, train, supervise, motivate, evaluate, and develop staff. Responsible for adherence to union contracts and University policy.
• Review organizational chart and position descriptions on an ongoing basis to maximize the utilization of staff to meet current and projected operational needs, to employ staff with the skills and interests that best match positions, and to provide staff opportunities for advancement.
• Develop the managerial and leadership skills of lead staff.
Fiscal Management and Accountability
• Develop and administer all administrative budgets within the Office of Admissions. Provide for fiscal accountability and effective fund management to ensure the effective utilization of funds for priority operations.
• Prepare and present operating and summary reports, assessment and audit reports for the CSU Chancellor's Office, annual audits, and program reviews.
• Seek and obtain external sources of funding for programmatic and operational needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of current recruitment and enrollment strategies, including data analysis, market research and the use of technology.
• Service orientation and knowledge of admission policy issues.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proficiency with PeopleSoft.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• 3-5 years in Enrollment Management.
• Experience with data analysis.
• 6-10 years of progressively responsible experience in planning and administration of admissions and/or recruitment policies a1nd operations.
• At least 2 years of experience in management and/or leading a team.
• Collaborative management style.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Understanding of and commitment to diversity.
• Understanding of the mission of a CSU campus.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Advanced degree in a related field.
• Experience in a large diverse public university system.
• Knowledge of the CSU system.
• Ability to work successfully in a virtual environment.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Successful background check.
• Ability to work occasional weekends.
• Mandatory trainings as required by the California State University.
• Mandated reporter in compliance with the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package which includes a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month, an excellent choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance and retirement benefits.
APPLICATIONS, INQUIRIES, AND NOMINATIONS:
Please submit (1) a completed university application, (2) a letter of interest that explains in detail, and where possible, provides examples of how the candidate meets the qualifications specified in this announcement; (3) a current resume or curriculum vitae; and (4) the names, titles, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of five references who can provide current assessments of the candidate's professional experience, accomplishments and prospect for success in this position (please include a brief note describing the relationship of the references to the applicant). For best consideration, please submit the above requirements by August 21, 2020. Completed applications will begin review on the week of August 31, 2020. For additional information about Cal Poly Pomona, please visit our website at http://www.cpp.edu/. For more details and information such as inquiries, nominations, referrals, and applications, please direct it to Diane Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-869-4051.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
The university seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing. Cal Poly Pomona subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, medical condition, and covered veteran status. The university hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. As required by the Clery Disclosure Act, the university's annual security report is available at http://dsa.cpp.edu/police/securityreport.asp.
The University is com committed to cultural diversity and it is expected that the successful candidate will further this commitment. The University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled