Description HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY
The County of El Dorado Health and Human Services Agency is committed to transforming lives and improving futures for the citizens of El Dorado County. Our programs and services include Behavioral Health, Public Health, Community, and Social Services. We have over 600 employees dedicated to enhancing and enriching the lives of their fellow community members. PUBLIC HEALTH DIVISION
The Health and Human Services Agency's Public Health Division promotes and protects the health and well-being of the citizens of El Dorado County. They monitor and control communicable disease, provide community services and outreach on topics such as immunizations, tobacco use prevention, oral health, family planning, WIC, and many more! THE OPPORTUNITY
Use your knowledge and skills to assist your community! You will have the opportunity to plan, organize, supervise, review, and evaluatethe work of professional, technical, and administrative support staff performing duties in the provision of public health preventive and acute nursing intervention. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Monitoroperation effectiveness and service outcome of assigned program/function; identifyopportunities for improving nursing practice and service delivery methods/procedures; participatewith management in the development, review, and implementation of best practices.
- Planfor, evaluate, and securenecessary equipment, materials, and supplies required for the assigned program and activities; monitor, control, and inventorysupplies and equipment.
- Providetechnical consultation and guidance to staff members on complex client cases and may co- manage the most complex and/or highly sensitive cases; conductquality assurance and contributeto assessments, reports, and other documentation prepared by staff.
- Conductfiscal planning and budget or grant preparation, including strategic planning for budget or grant implementation.
The ideal candidate for the vacancy will possess superior oral and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, ability to work independently,and the ability to work across multi-agency or multidisciplinary professional networks. In addition to the above, the ideal candidate for thisvacancy will possess the ability to respond to sudden and unexpected demands; analyze data and work with community partners to develop strategies to increase access to care for families and improve program services; skill in facilitating meetings and using positive communication strategies; create and maintain accurate program reports; and the ability to train medical providers and staff as appropriate.
Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following recommendations:
Any combination of the required experience, education, and training that would provide the essential knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying.
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited four-year college or university;
Two (2) years of public health nursing experience at a level equivalent to the County's class of Public Health Nurse II. One (1) year of lead experience is preferred.Licenses and Certifications:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain and maintain, a valid California and Nevada Driver's License and a satisfactory driving record.
- Must possess a California Registered Nurse license issued by the California State Board of Registered Nursing or eligibility for Registered Nurse licensure reciprocity in the State of California.
- Must possess a California State Public Health Nursing certificate.
- Must possess valid CPR certification.
- Must have completed child abuse and neglect recognition and reporting training requirements pursuant to the State of California Health and Safety Code.
Click here to view the minimum qualifications for Public Health Nuse Supervisor, as well as the physical, environmental, and working conditions. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking the 'Apply' link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click 'Accept'.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, contact Heather Andersen in Human Resources at email@example.com. RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process.Please note that for this recruitment, applications will be accepted for those who arewithin a maximum of six (6) months of meeting the required education or certification/licensure of the recruitment closing date. The applicants maybe placed on the eligibility list if they meet all other qualifications, but will not be eligible for referral to the hiring department for interviews until they've provided Human Resources with proof of meeting all qualifications.Training and Experience Review (Weighted 100%):
A training and experience review consists of candidates responding to supplemental questions on the job application. A subject matter expert will evaluate each candidate's responses based on predetermined criteria. The subject matter experts are not granted access to the candidate's application; therefore, responses to the supplemental questions should be thorough, detailed, and complete. Do not refer to resumes, cover letters, or other documentation as they will not be reviewed.
Supplemental questions play an integral role in this recruitment process. Please take the time to provide thoughtful and thorough responses. The information you provide may be used to determine your ranking for referral to specific vacancies.All work experience that is described or included in your response(s)MUSTbe included in the "Work Experience" section of your application. Do not refer to a resume or other documentation.
For more information on the recruitment process, click here.
Based on the department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for Public Health Nurse Supervisor. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and futurefull time, part time, and extra help vacancies for at least three (3) months. There is currently (1) one full time vacancy in the Community Hub Program, located in Placerville, Ca.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require a pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
Not just rusting mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County isa year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history.Escape the traffic and smog because ElDorado County is just:
- 40 miles from Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles from Sacramento Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here are a few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Musicand Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Local Shopping Gems
Closing Date/Time: Continuous