CEETL Administrative Coordinator
SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing email@example.com.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Center for Equity and Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CEETL), Faculty Affairs
Temporary CSUEU position: Position to end on or before 05/30/2021. Permanent status may be earned in this position if it is renewed for four years without a break in service in accordance with collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Monday to Friday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Anticipated Hiring Range*
$4,697 to $5,219 per month ($56,364 to $62,628 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Reporting to the Director of Teaching and Learning Programs and Services within Faculty Affairs, and working within the Center for Equity & Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CEETL), this position is a core member of the CEETL team, interfacing with and providing administrative support to faculty, staff and the campus community as they develop and engage in programs that promote inclusive and anti-racist pedagogies in support of student success. Critical administrative tasks are related to budgeting, procurement and events management, and include planning and carrying out event and program logistics, purchasing supplies and ordering hospitality, activating and monitoring event registrations, tracking and awarding certifications of completion, and processing payments of faculty stipends and honoraria. The CEETL Administrative Coordinator should have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.
Budgeting & Procurement: Provides administrative support for budgeting and procurement processes, including;
- Processing budget transactions across multiple accounts;
- Purchasing supplies and services;
- Processing faculty stipends and honoraria;
- Onboarding and tracking staff and student employee time and leave.
Project & Event Management: Provides administrative support for project and event management, including:
- Scheduling rooms and facilitators;
- Tracking participant registrations and following up with participants;
- Providing for hospitality through ordering, payment, set-up and break-down;
- Supporting a variety of initiatives, including the Equitable Teaching Workshop Series, First Year Experience Faculty Learning Circles, New Faculty Orientations, Institutes, and the Annual Faculty Retreat.
Other duties as assigned.
At All Times:
- Demonstrate behaviors that are in line with the User Friendly Principles (P530C) and Principles of Conduct for a Multi-Cultural University (P30D); and
- Demonstrate safe work practices for oneself, others and the office environment.
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures;
- Ability to learn, interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures relating to and impacting the Center for Equity & Excellence in Teaching & Learning and Faculty Affairs;
- Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques;
- Ability to compile, write, and present reports related to program or administrative specialty;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit;
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved;
- Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment;
- Demonstrated commitment to honor, promote and advocate for justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in support of student success.
Core Competencies - embody the following competencies:
- Bias toward collaboration and teamwork.
- Effective oral, written and nonverbal communication skills.
- Customer/Client focus with an emphasis in problem solving and resolution.
- Personal effectiveness and credibility as demonstrated by interpersonal and professional confidence.
- Diversity and inclusion.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work*
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
San Francisco, California