SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Center for Equity and Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CEETL), Faculty Affairs
Temporary CSUEU position: Position to end on or before 05/30/2021. Permanent status may be earned in this position if it is renewed for four years without a break in service in accordance with collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Monday to Friday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Anticipated Hiring Range*
$5,485 to $6,094 per month ($65,820 to $73,128 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Reporting to the Director of Teaching and Learning Programs and Services within the Center for Equity & Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CEETL), this position supports the campus community in the design and development of learning experiences that apply inclusive, anti-racist, and liberatory pedagogies in support of student success. Working primarily through remote and computer modalities, and in collaborative consultation with CEETL faculty and staff, work activities include instructional design, individual and group consultation, instructional materials development, project management, faculty development, and user support. In addition, this position provides support for CEETL initiatives, which may include remote faculty development programming; programming and leadership for projects aligned with university initiatives; and/or campus communications and outreach, especially as they relate to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Course design consultations with individuals, departments and colleges on evidence-based, inclusive pedagogies for student success in face-to-face, hybrid and online modalities.
- Design, development and delivery of faculty development programming, instructional materials, and events in support of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in synchronous, asynchronous, and hybrid formats.
- Provide project support to CEETL programs and initiatives by leading and/or contributing to the completion of work assignments, in collaboration with colleagues and campus partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of instructional design theories and methodologies and ability to apply them.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills in working with users to interpret needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Ability to design, develop, and implement instructional applications.
- Subject matter expertise in specialized discipline or body of knowledge related to inclusive pedagogies.
- Demonstrate ability to apply inclusive and anti-racist pedagogies to course design, development and delivery.
- Demonstrate commitment to honor, promote and advocate for justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in support of student success.
Core Competencies - embody the following competencies:
- Bias toward collaboration and teamwork.
- Effective oral, written and nonverbal communication skills.
- Customer/Client focus with an emphasis in problem solving and resolution.
- Personal effectiveness and credibility as demonstrated by interpersonal and professional confidence.
- Diversity and inclusion.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work*
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
San Francisco, California