The City of Fort Lauderdale employees possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers. This is highly responsible managerial, supervisory, technical and administrative work of considerable difficulty in the planning, analysis, design, operation, maintenance, and support of the City's Cybersecurity framework and technology infrastructure. Under the direction of the Information Technology Services (ITS) Department Director or designee the employee in this class is responsible for planning, budgeting, organizing, directing, and coordinating the operations of the Information Technology Security Division. The employee exercises extensive initiative and independent judgment. Work is reviewed through conferences, written reports, staff meetings, results achieved and user feedback.
NOTE: The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.This position will remain open until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.The City offers a wide variety of benefits to their employees. In addition to the competitive benefits package and salary, the City offers 401(a) participation with a 9% City contribution and no employee match!!
Say "Hello" to the City of Fort Lauderdale and Say "Goodbye" to Your Student Loan!
That's right! Under the U.S. Department of Education's Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, the remaining balance on your student loan may be forgiven after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments while working full-time at the City of Fort Lauderdale! Please visit www.fortlauderdale.gov/PublicServiceLoanForgiveness for more information or to see if you qualify. This job classification is in Management Category I for benefits purposes, which includes Ten (10) additional management vacation days per calendar year and a monthly vehicle allowance of $390.00.
This is a non-classified "at-will" position and is not subject to Civil Service Rules or any collective bargaining agreement. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Responsible for day to day operations in planning, organizing, and directing programs and functional responsibilities of the Department's Information Technology (IT) Security Division.
- Responsible for the management of the Division's budget and makes recommendations for hiring, discipline, and general operational decisions required to effectively manage first line supervisors and professional staff.
- Prepares and presents the Division's recommended budget to the Department Director, Budget Office, City's Budget Advisory Board and City Manager.
- Develops and implements cybersecurity framework, programs, policies, and procedures; directs, assigns, schedules, supervises and reviews the work of Information Technology (IT) security professional, paraprofessional, supervisory, technical, and clerical support personnel.
- Develops, implements and maintain the City's cybersecurity incident response plan and lead the City's incident response to cybersecurity attacks.
- Works closely with management on security planning initiatives and activities, business planning and strategic planning.
- Participates in the development and implementation of a City-wide cybersecurity framework and operations services and reporting process.
- Reviews and participates in the approval process for various technology related contracts and agreements.
- Prepares, approves, and presents items for consideration of the City Commission.
- Manages or coordinates projects as assigned; confers with the public, business community, governmental agencies, officials and other stakeholders.
- Performs related duties as required and as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Business, Public Administration or related field.
- Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible professional/managerial level experience within a municipality.
- Previous supervisory experience required. Additional qualifying experience or completion of coursework at an accredited college or university in a job-related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required experience or education.
- An in-depth employment background check, including a polygraph exam, will be conducted as part of the post offer onboarding process as this position is deemed security sensitive.
- Essential Employees will be required to work during a declared emergency. The employee's Department Head will determine who will be required to work during each emergency.
PHYSICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prior experience managing an Information Technology (IT) security division.
- Prior experience developing and implementing an enterprise cybersecurity framework.
- Prior experience developing and implementing a cybersecurity incident response plan and leading the response to a cybersecurity attack.
The position involves light physical demands, such as exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION Applications will be reviewed and the hiring authority will contact those applicants whose application reflects the best match of experience for the position.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous