Description ***This posting has been updated to reflect open until filled*** COUNTY OF EL DORADO EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES AND EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
The mission of the County of El Dorado Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Agency is to ensure that the EMS system delivers the highest possible quality of pre-hospital emergency care to victims of illness and injury in the County of El Dorado. The EMS Agency also works closely with Emergency Preparedness. The mission of Emergency Preparedness is to prepare El Dorado County to effectively respond to public health threats by focusing on public health disaster planning; disease surveillance, detection, and control; health risk communication; and public and health provider education and training services. THE OPPORTUNITY
Join a team ofpurposefulindividuals and help the County achieve its mission ofensuringthat the EMS system delivers the highest possible quality ofpre-hospitalemergency care to victims of illness and injury. The EMS & Emergency Preparedness Supervisor will have the opportunity to coordinate and develop EMS and Emergency Preparedness programs while supervising the work of assigned staff.The EMS & Emergency Preparedness Supervisor will ensure that EMS providers in the county conform with federal, state, and local regulations and standards related to the delivery of pre-hospital emergency care and will oversee and assist with developing policies, procedures, and medical protocols. Additionally, theEMS & Emergency Preparedness Supervisor will have the opportunity to develop healthcare system emergency response plans, develop and implement emergency preparedness and response training and exercises, and participate in grant management. You will have the opportunity to:
- Plan, organize, coordinate, assign, and supervise employees and volunteers, operations, and activities related to the EMS and EPR programs.
- Develop an effective team by evaluating employee performance, counseling employees, recommending initial corrective action, and participating in the selection and promotion of employees.
- Oversee the certification,accreditation, recertification, and revocation process for paramedics, nurses working in emergency settings, emergency medical technicians, and other pre-hospital and emergency medical care providers.
- Oversee the evaluation of new paramedics and nurses working in emergency settings based on established criteria.
- Evaluate new continuing education programs for compliance with state and local regulations.
- Maintain continuing education records for paramedics.
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate complex data; prepares a variety of statistical and other reports regarding the EMS program and system operations.
- In conjunction with the EMS Medical Director and Quality Improvement Coordinator, research, review, and make recommendations for new policies and procedures regarding pre-hospital care services based on current California law.
For a full description of duties and responsibilities please review the job description here .THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The County of El Dorado is looking for a driven and engaging individual with demonstrated professional knowledge and experience in program planning, development, implementation, and administration. The selected candidate will have knowledge of how to effectively supervise, empower, motivate, evaluate, train, and discipline staff. The selected candidate will be able to effectively represent the County in meetings, community groups, various organizations, and in meetings with individuals. The selected candidate will also be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience performing program planning, development, and evaluation in a private or public health agency, or emergency preparedness, fire-based, or private ambulance service or hospital.
- A master's degree in public administration, health administration, or public health.
- Experience developing policies and protocols for emergency medical services delivery.
- Experience working directly or in partnership with public health emergency preparedness programs or hospital emergency planning.
- Experience creating new emergency response plans.
- Experience developing and/or being responsible for the annual review of EMS system plans.
Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following minimum qualifications:
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business administration, public administration, public health, nursing, health administration, or a closely related field;AND
Two (2) years of experience working as a Registered Nurse, Emergency Medical Technician, or Paramedic in an emergency services / 9-1-1 setting; and at least one (1) year of related lead experience.Additional Requirements:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain and maintain, a valid California or Nevada Driver's License and a satisfactory driving record.
Click here to view the minimum qualifications for Emergency Medical Services and Emergency Preparedness Supervisor as well as the physical, environmental, and working conditions. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking on the 'Apply' link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click 'Accept'.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, contact Elise Hardy in Human Resources email@example.com or 530-621-6625. RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process.Training and Experience Review (Weighted 100%):
A training and experience review consists of candidates responding to supplemental questions on the job application. A subject matter expert will evaluate each candidate's responses based on predetermined criteria. The subject matter experts are not granted access to the candidate's application; therefore, responses to the supplemental questions should be thorough, detailed, and complete.
For more information on the recruitment process click here .Based on the hiring department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for Emergency Medical Services and Emergency Preparedness Supervisor.This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and future full time, part time and extra help vacancies for at least three (3) months. There is currently one (1) full time vacancy in the Chief Administrative Office, EMS/EPR Division.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history.
Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles to Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles to Sacramento International Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here area few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway Races
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Small Business Shops