Clinical Services Division Manager (Administrative Manager III)
This position is scheduled to receive salary range increases on the following dates:
Effective July 2, 2021 - 2.5% increase
Effective July 1, 2022 - 3.0% increase
Mandatory Employee Retirement Contributions will decrease on the following dates:
Effective July 2, 2021 - 1.2% decrease
Effective July 1, 2022 - 0.5% decrease
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and successful candidate's qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization.
This recruitment is open to the public.
This recruitment will be open for a minimum of five (5) business days and remain open
on a continuous basis until 11:59p.m. (PST) on the day the County's needs are met. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately for first consideration.
This recruitment will establish an open
eligible list that will be used to fill this position. The eligible list established from this recruitment may also be used to fill positions in similar and/or lower classifications throughout the County of Orange. THE COUNTY
Over the years, the County of Orange
has established a reputation as an innovative leader among local governments and serves over 3 million residents who live within its 34 cities. The County of Orange provides local services to its residents which include, public safety, public health, environmental protection, regional planning, public assistance, social services and aviation. THE AGENCY
The County of Orange Health Care Agency (HCA)
is a dynamic organization dedicated to creating and supporting an environment that promotes the achievement of optimal individual, family and community health. Under the direction of the Agency Director, a new and dynamic executive team with an organizational structure comprised of six service areas - Administrative and Financial, Behavioral Health, Correctional Health, Regulatory & Medical Services, Public Health, and Office of Care Coordination - is committed to meeting the health needs of the diverse Orange County community.THE DIVISION
Clinical Services (CS) promotes the health and well-being of infants, children, adolescents, adults and families through service delivery within specialized medical and dental clinics, and provides prevention, care, and treatment services for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and tuberculosis (TB).THE OPPORTUNITY
The County of Orange, Health Care Agency is seeking an experienced manager to lead the CS Division and provide oversight, management and direction of the programming and core public health functions provided through the Division. The CS Division Manager position is responsible for monitoring the incidence of STIs, HIV, and TB in the community; preventing transmission of disease and promoting disease prevention; and assuring access to treatment of communicable diseases including STIs, HIV, and TB. The CS Division Manager oversees the programs providing service delivery within the immunization, child health, family planning and dental clinics. This position works collaboratively with all public health divisions to effectively respond to public health priorities.Duties and responsibilities:
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES
- Manages 164 CS staff within multiple programs and clinic, including oversight of a large medical/professional staff consisting of three Medical Directors, Physicians, Dentists, Nurse Practitioners, Public Health Nurses, Registered and Licensed Vocational Nurses, Social Workers and other licensed health professionals.
- Oversees and manages an annual operating budget of more than $25 million and allocates program resources to ensure that mandated services are provided in a cost effective, client focused manner.
- Responsible for management of multiple grants for clinical and non-clinical services.
- Administers and manages program operations, development, and accountability for program policy decisions.
- Participates in the Orange County HIV Planning Council and its committees.
- Serves as a member of the Public Health Leadership Team.
- Assurance of program compliance with State and County laws/regulations.
- Oversight of program standards to monitor program compliance with Medi-Cal and Department of Health Care Services regulations and quality of care.
- Assures that the CS Division is aligned with the HCA Business Plan and Goals.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned manager with substantial knowledge of public health and healthcare administration, including budget, finance and program development, as well as 5 or more years of experience in a supervisory and/or leadership capacity.
The ideal candidate will also have extensive knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following competencies:Technical Knowledge | Experience
Leadership | Supervision
- Managing and providing leadership and direction related to the CS programs
- Proven experience planning and preparing protocols and guidelines to meet local, state and/or federal clinical services mandates
- Proven experience developing and implementing solutions to improve outcomes and delivery of care, efficiencies, policies and procedures and seek best practices
- Ensure fiscal integrity, accuracy of program expenditures and budget development
- Software proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Knowledge of electronic health records systems
- Knowledge of State mandates, laws and County regulations related to Public Health and communicable disease control
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
Communication Skills | Oral & Written
- Evaluating the impact of change in processes, procedures, leadership, and program culture
- Resolving staff conflict in a constructive manner to minimize negative program impact
- Using tact and motivational techniques to maximize staff performance, assess training needs and improve efficiency
- Encouraging and facilitating staff cooperation and fostering commitment and team spirit to achieve program goals
- Providing fair, unbiased, and effective leadership for a broad variety of personnel issues
- Administering discipline in a fair and consistent manner in consultation and collaboration with Human Resource Services (HRS)
- Clearly communicating expectations to staff, implementing policies and procedures consistently, delegating appropriately, and using accountability measures fairly
Organizational and Analytical Skills
- Communicating verbally and in writing to accurately and appropriately convey complex information to different audiences
- Presenting information to stakeholders and public forum clearly and effectively
- Utilizing effective communication skills for team building, facilitating solutions, and resolving conflict
- Demonstrating diplomacy in dealing with a variety of stakeholder groups
- Remaining adaptable and flexible while maintaining a focus on quality of care and services to the adults and children served and the medical community providing the services
- Anticipating and identifying potential program problems and proactively generating alternative solutions
- Producing quality work within tight and stressful deadlines
for a complete description of the minimum qualifications for the classification of Administrative Manager III.RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Human Resource Services (HRS) will screen all application materials to identify qualified applicants. After screening, qualified applicants will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment.Veterans Employment Preference
The County is committed to providing a mechanism to give preferential consideration in the employment process to veterans and their eligible spouses and will provide eligible participants the opportunity to receive interviews in the selection process for employment and paid internship openings. Please click here
to review the policy.Application Screening (Refer/Non-Refer)
Applications and supplemental responses will be screened for qualifications that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those applicants that meet the qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step.Structured Oral Interview | SOI (Weighted 100%)
Applicants will be interviewed and rated by an oral interview panel of job knowledge experts. Each applicant's rating will be based on responses to a series of structured questions designed to elicit the applicant's qualifications for the job.Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures above may be modified. Candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.Eligible List
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION EMAIL NOTIFICATION: Email
is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile atwww.governmentjobs.com
. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.QUESTIONS:
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Evelyn Zhaoat (714) 834-4144
EEO INFORMATION Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer,
encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous