EXAM NUMBER :Y5210C FILING START DATE :
June 20, 2017 at 8:00 A.M. (PST)
The examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without prior notice.TYPE OF RECRUITMENT
OPEN COMPETITIVE JOB OPPORTUNITY REBULLETIN INFORMATION
:THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS A REBULLETIN TO UPDATE THE EXAMINATION CONTENT INFORMATION REGARDING NOTIFICATION OF EXAM RESULTS. PERSONS WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT REAPPLY, BUT MAY CONTACT THE EXAM ANALYST IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. DEFINITION :The Nursing Instructor, School of Nursing, plans and develops large group courses or training programs, or structures individual sessions as needed, incorporating teaching methodology designed to meet identified needs of the Ambulatory Care Network (ACN) and each of the Primary Care Medical Homes (PCMH).
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborates with medical providers, patient care staff, and unit management in the design, delivery, and evaluation of educational curricula and field-based training protocols in patient-centered medical home (PCMH) -based care coordination, population health, panel management, and complex care management. Students will include ALL members of the PCMH team including providers, RN I, RN II, RN III, CMAs, LVNs, and clerical support staff.
- Delivers clinical skills development programs within the parameters of established protocols and provides on-site coaching to PCMH care teams incorporating teaching methodology designed to meet identified needs and established course objectives.
- Plans, supervises, and monitors learning and practice trends and implements continuous quality improvement strategies to ensure high performance of all care teams and compliance with quality standards and metrics of didactic training.
- Trains and supports site nurse managers to enable the work of PCMH care team members as they conduct high quality care coordination activities in an evaluative, proactive and efficient manner.
- Helps facilitate cross-county PCMH learning collaborates in team-based care coordination and population health. Assists nurse managers in collecting, analyzing and reporting process and outcomes metrics.
- Collaborates with DHS health information technology experts in training nursing and patient care staff in the use of electronic health data registries and care management platforms.
- Participates in other quality improvement initiatives shepherded by the Primary Care Resource Center including enhanced integration of behavioral health and social support services; achievement of PRIME and meaningful use metrics; and reduced out of network utilization.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
1. A Master's degree* in nursing, education, or a clinical nursing specialty**.-AND-
2. Two years of experience at the level of LA County classification of Registered Nurse II***. -AND-
3. One year of professional teaching**** experience. -AND-
4. A license***** to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.PHYSICAL CLASS III - Moderate
Includes standing or walking most of the time, with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching; includes working on irregular surfaces, occasionally lifting objects weighing over 25 pounds, and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds.SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION
*In order to receive credit for any college course work, or any type of college degree, such as a Master's degree, you must include a legible copy of the official diploma, official transcripts, or official letter from the accredited institution which shows the area of specialization with your application, at the time of filing or within 15 calendar days of filing
**Clinical nursing specialty degrees may include: Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Emergency Care, Rehabilitation, Mental Health or Gerontology.
***Experience at the level of Registered Nurse II is defined as serving as a professional role model, may provide direction, and act as an effective resource person for others. This includes coaching, precepting, and leading other nursing and non-nursing staff.
****Professional teaching experience is defined as conducting formal didactic training, planning, and supervising the clinical laboratory practice of an assigned group of student nurses assuring that each student is exposed to a prescribed number and variety of learning situations which are appropriate for his/her level of achievement and which meet specific course objectives.*****LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION INFORMATION
To compete in this examination process, applicants must have a license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing -OR- have a license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by a State Government Board of Registered Nursing, within the United States of America.
Applicants who have a license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by a State Government Board of Registered Nursing, within the United States of America, may compete in this examination. However, the names of such candidates will be withheld from the certification list pending receipt of the required license authorized by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Please ensure the License and Certification Section of the application is completed. Provide the title(s) of your required license(s), the number(s), date(s) of issue, date(s) of expiration and the name(s) of the issuing agency for the required license as specified in the Selection Requirements.
Applicants claiming experience in a state other than California must attach a copy of their registered nurse license from that state to the application at the time of filing or within 15 calendar days of filing. Applications submitted without the required evidence of licensure will be considered incomplete.
The original license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing must be presented during the selection process and/or prior to the appointment.
The required license MUST
be current and unrestricted; a conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license or certification will NOT
attach a legible photocopy of the required license to their application at the time of filing or within 15 calendar days from the application filing date. Applications submitted without the required evidence will be rejected.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT:
This examination will consist of an evaluation of education and experience based upon application information, weighted at 100%.
Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on this examination in order to be placed on the Eligible Register. Notification Letters and other correspondences will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that applicants provide a valid email address. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your email address book and to the list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as SPAM/JUNK mail.
Applications will be processed on an "as received" basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of qualified candidates will appear in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of eligibility.
No person may compete in this examination more than once every twelve (12) months.
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
VACANCY INFORMATION: The resulting eligible register for this examination will be used to fill vacancies within the Department of Health Services as they occur.
APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION :
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Your application must be received by 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last day of filing.
Apply online by clicking on the green "Apply" button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment.
Utilizing VERBIAGE from the Class Specification and Selection Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT be sufficient to demonstrate that you met the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION and you may be DISQUALIFIED .
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met. Application filing may be suspended at any time with or without advance notice.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the SELECTION REQUIREMENTS. Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.
NOTE: If you are unable to attach the required documents, you must e-mail the documents to the exam analyst Brenda G. Aguila at firstname.lastname@example.org, within fifteen (15) calendar days of filing online or your application will be rejected. Please include the exam number and the exam title.
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER :
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number.
COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES :
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.
NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD :
All applicants must file their application online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.ADA COORDINATOR
(323) 869-7124CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE
(800) 735-2922DEPARTMENT CONTACT
Brenda G. Aguila, Exam Analyst