The Position Part time positions available requiring Physical Therapy License or Occupational Therapy License.
This is a continuous filing exam. Next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on: 12/24/20, 3/24/21, 6/24/21, 9/24/21
Under general supervision, Senior Therapist's, lead, plan, schedule, and oversee the work of Therapy staff in a Medical Therapy Unit (MTU) in the California Children's Services (CCS) program, while performing the same and/or more difficult duties as those being led; ensures completion of tasks in accordance with established policies and procedures; communicates policies, procedures and job expectations; and provides training to staff. Explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and Abilities Knowledge of
- Principles and practices of leadership, mentoring, and training
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Operational characteristics, services, and activities of the CCS program
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other specialized applications related to area of assignment
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Principles and techniques of physical and/or occupational therapy with particular emphasis on physical and psychological problems of children with physical and mental disabilities
- Growth and development of children
Employment Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Lead and train staff in a MTU
- Plan, coordinate, assign, and review the work of staff
- Provide work direction and instruction
- Research and evaluate work problems, and recommend solutions
- Develop and maintain cooperative, effective working relationships with others, including medical therapy team, private physicians, school staff, community organizations, and children with physical disabilities and their families
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Interpret and apply applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Apply customer service skills, including the identification of customer needs and follow up to ensure customer commitments have been met
- Assist in planning a comprehensive physical and occupational therapy program in a school setting
- Teach and evaluate the work of other therapists and paraprofessional staff
- Interpret therapy treatment
- Prepare reports and maintain records
- Analyze situations accurately and take effective action
Current license as either a Physical Therapist by the Physical Therapy Board of California or an Occupational Therapist by the Occupational Therapy Board of California.AND
One year of experience as a physical or occupational therapist working with children with physical disabilities.Note:
Failure to maintain the appropriate license may constitute cause for personnel action in accordance with Civil Service Rules or applicable bargaining agreement.Note:
If the word "experience" is referenced in the minimum qualifications, it means full-time paid experience unless the minimum qualification states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.Note:
If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. For guidelines on submitting acceptable proof of educational requirements, please click here or speak to someone in our office before the cut-off date listed in this notice. Typing Certificate requirements can be found by clicking here or by obtaining the requirements from the Employment Services Division office.General Qualifications
Criminal History and BackgroundChecks: The County will access criminal history information on candidates who have accepted a conditional offer of appointment for this class consistent with the provisions of Board of Supervisors Resolution No. 82-602, Personnel Policies and Procedures B-5, and applicable federal and state laws. The County shall not consider for employment any candidate who has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor that relates to or impacts the candidate's ability to perform the job duties of this class unless it is determined that mitigating circumstances exist. For purposes of accessing criminal history information, the candidate will be fingerprinted. A subsequent arrest notification may be obtained.The County will also conduct a background check on the candidate prior to appointment to a position within this class. The background check may include personal and professional reference checks, credit history checks where authorized by Labor Code section 1024.5, Social Security Number verification, professional license/registration verification, military service information and driving history. Information obtained in the course of this background check will be considered by the appointing authority in the selection process. In obtaining such information, the County will comply with applicable consent and disclosure practices in the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the California Investigative Consumer Reporting Agencies Act.
Child and Elder Abuse Reporting: Persons selected for employment must, as a condition of employment, sign a statement agreeing to comply with Section 11166 and 11160 of the California Penal Code relating to child and elder abuse reporting.
License Requirement: A valid California Driver License, Class C or higher, is required at the time of appointment. Failure to obtain or maintain the appropriate California Driver License may constitute cause for personnel action in accordance with Civil Service Rules or applicable bargaining agreement. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Physical Requirements: Positions in this class require incumbents to be able to:
- Walk or stand for extended periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, and reach at or above shoulder height.
- Lift, carry, push, and pull items or patients up to 35 pounds without assistance.
- Lift and move children manually or mechanically; use own body mechanics to move limbs and body weight of children with physical disabilities.
Individuals who do not meet these requirements due to disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Working Conditions: Positions in this class require the incumbents to:
- Travel locally to various work sites within Sacramento County.
- Work non-routine hours.
The probationary period for this classification is six (6)
months.Application and Testing Information APPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail EmployOffice@Saccounty.net Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: Continuous