POSITION: Didactic Faculty for Master of Science Physician Assistant Program - Assistant Professor
COLLEGE: Health Sciences and Human Services
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. By 2030, CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral.
California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) is seeking an open-rank professor for the Master of Science Physician Assistant (MSPA) program. The College of Health Sciences and Human Services (CHSHS) at CSUMB developed the MSPA Program in the response to the explicit need for advance-practice clinical providers in the Tri-County area. The candidates should be prepared to join a group of dedicated and collaborative colleagues in a progressive educational environment where working together is viewed as a benefit. The MSPA faculty position is offered for a minimum of one- year. We seek highly motivated, energetic, and optimistic individuals to join our team as a full-time 12-month per year faculty member. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about the PA profession and eager to pass on that enthusiasm to the next generation of PAs. Highly competitive salary with rank commensurate with education and experience.
• Primary responsibility will be to teach courses that may include: Clinical Medicine, Pharmacology, Anatomy & Physiology (Basic Medical Sciences), Evidence-based Medicine, Behavioral Medicine, Clinical Skills, and to collaborate in instruction in other courses.
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations and deliver current content based upon ARC-PA standards and the NCCPA blueprint for the PANCE
• Participate in the development of content, implementation, and evaluation of the didactic curriculum
• Evaluate and advise didactic and clinical year students
• Participate in the Student Progress Committee, Admissions Committee, Accreditation Preparation Committee, and/or Curriculum Committee
• Develop and maintain syllabi consistent with CSUMB and ARC-PA standards, that reflect the mission of the program, college, and university
• Participate in regular accreditation activities necessary for continuous self-study and maintaining program accreditation
• Engage in scholarly activities and service
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Report to the Program Director
• Physician assistant with a master's degree or higher from an ARC-PA accredited academic institution
• Physician assistant with current NCCPA certification and eligible for licensure as a PA in the state of California by time of appointment
• Two or more years of clinical experience as a board-certified PA
• Two years' experience teaching PAs in an academic setting
• Track record of scholarly activity and excellence in teaching
• Ability to network with health care providers (e.g., MDs, PA, NPs), external organizations and other facilities
• Knowledge and experience providing health care for diverse populations, especially Latino and other underserved groups who have been historically marginalized and lack access to culturally relevant health care
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Education's Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California's Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
JOB POSTING DATE: 11/9/2020
PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: 12/9/2020
APPOINTMENT DATE: January 2021
• Current CV (including current email address)
• Letter of application addressing the minimum and desired/preferred qualifications
• A one-page statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness, if available
• Two current references or letters of recommendation. Applicants are encouraged to submit letters attesting to either teaching effectiveness, team collaboration, or both.
• Finalists will also be required to submit a signed SC-1 form and an official transcript from institution awarding highest degree or copy of degree awarded
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application and submit required documents by the priority screening date found at csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura and Antle Family Memorial Library (map).
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled