The Position: Full time, academic year, tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in the School of Nursing, beginning August 2021. California State University, Chico is seeking faculty who are competent in their field, collaborative with colleagues and staff, and committed to student success.
Minimum Qualifications The minimum education requirement for appointment to this position is a Master's degree in nursing with specialization in the area of maternal-child nursing, at least one year's clinical experience as an RN in direct patient care in the maternal-child specialty area within the last five years, and a course that includes practice in teaching nursing or one year's experience teaching nursing. All requirements for conferral of the degree must be met no later than August 17, 2021.
- applicants must be eligible for RN licensure in California
- meet health policies and other requirements imposed by clinical agencies
- candidates must also pass a 10-panel drug test
- candidates must also pass a background check as a condition of employment.
Preferred Qualifications: Doctorate in nursing or related discipline (required for advancement to Full Professor)
Responsibilities: This tenure-track position carries responsibilities in the areas of teaching, which include theory and clinical instruction for BSN, RN-BSN, and MSN students based upon qualifications of the individual and the needs of the department; scholarship -
- including professional growth and achievement
- grants, and dissemination
- service - to the program, university and community, including student advising, committee involvement, and school governance
- teaching assignments are based upon qualifications of the individual and the needs of the department.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled